Author Topic: Bryon Morgan X- Proto  (Read 596 times)

bogie

Bryon Morgan X- Proto
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »
I bought just the head which was FS on eBay. I put in a putter lounge black shaft and grip. It is marked x-proto with a sound slot. I know nothing about this putter and would appreciate any info. It putts fantastic and is in the bag at the time. I admit I know little about Byron Morgan putters but the quality seems superb and super detail. It's softer than I thought it would be for SS w/o deep milling and the head weight seems perfect.  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:26:37 PM by bogie »
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer
Bettinardi BB2 350 3-Slot
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
Re: Bryon Morgan X- Proto
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
Congrats on the pick up!
I am sure some one will chime in with the history on this one....;)
Xenon X, Ingles .470
RJB7784, RJB8143, RJB7541
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
SRC blade, SRC IKB2

bogie

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:06:34 PM »
Thanks, I hope I can get more info. I have actually been looking at getting a DH89gass but don't know what the difference is other than the sound slot. This is 365 vs the 350 for the DH89. Slow muni greens like the heavier head.
“Success in this game depends less on strength of body than strength of mind and character.” – Arnold Palmer
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
Hello Bogie,

I own one of these. I am by no means an authority on Byron gear but with the specs and the original shaft being approx 33" I believe this model was manufactured for the Asian market. Mine is in rotation and it really puts a great roll on the ball. I have always played 35" putters but left the shaft in and I have to say that getting over the ball gives me a greater distance control - or appears to. The added head weight compensates for the shorter shaft length - as it is intended to. That is a great pick up - congratulations.  :)

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

bogie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »
Thanks for the info, Rob. As stated this s a great putter and rolls the ball nicely. I am looking at selling a few putters I just don't use anymore and may try and find a DH89 or order one. I need to do some research and find out the differences in each. I normally play at 33" due to very long arms. So this fits me to a tee, no pun intended. LOL  :)
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

bogie

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
DH89 ordered yesterday. My will power gave in to desire. LOL After all the years and putters I have and have had I have never ordered on to my specs. I felt it was time.
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

fharbist

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
DH89 ordered yesterday. My will power gave in to desire. LOL After all the years and putters I have and have had I have never ordered on to my specs. I felt it was time.

Good for you.  Congratulations.

dans4fun

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
 :)

Congratulations.  I'm sure that you'll love it.  Especially if you've got your specs dialed in.

Dan

bogie

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
:)

Congratulations.  I'm sure that you'll love it.  Especially if you've got your specs dialed in.

Dan

Thanks! :)
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Yep, way to go! 👍

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

bogie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me what head style the X-Proto is close to? I am thinking of another putter and don't want to get one exactly the same. TIA  :D
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype

TrueRoll140

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me what head style the X-Proto is close to? I am thinking of another putter and don't want to get one exactly the same. TIA  :D
The now retired 006.

Current model equivalent would be the 615.

bogie

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
Thank you for that information.  :D
Bettinardi BB1-SS-Proto
BB28 RAW Limited
Byron Morgan DH89
Byron Morgan X-Prototype