Author Topic: TP MILLS/PACIFIC JEANS  (Read 3262 times)

tuanton

TP MILLS/PACIFIC JEANS
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Having very recently inherited a Pacific Jeans Huey Centre, I have to say, after years of SC use, I can find absolutely nothing amiss with this putter.  Cast it may be and  held in poor regard as it appears to be  by some TPM 'purists' it is an excellent putter and I say this, not as a 'collector' but a seriously good putter. I don't know the 'politics' of the tie-up between TPM and PJ companies but I would be interested to know if the putters are supplied to PJ or manufactured in Japan.

glenwayputters

Re: TP MILLS/PACIFIC JEANS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:45 AM »
The designs that David licensed to Jeans Pacific were manufactured in either Taiwan or China, if memory serves me correctly.

Jay
Feel free to call me any time, 704-879-9477

email = jay@piedmontleather.com

Jay

tuanton

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
Tks Jay..... Building up my knowledge now :)

HULL17RW

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
Tuan, I think you gotta upgrade and get a Workshop made in Tuscaloosa from Jay  ;)! You think the one you have feels good.

Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"

tuanton

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
I just might do that before too long.  One of the problems is though my location -if I have one sent to an address in the UK where I will be for a while at the end of the year, the add-ons by Customs etc will be somewhat prohibitive.  If I have one sent here I might not even get it.

1sc4gyp

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
Any chance for some pics?

tuanton

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
Any chance for some pics?

If you mean my present Huey Centre, some mediocre quality ones appear in my previous post in  'member collections'.  In reality it looks better than these images.