Author Topic: Kuch's Mills  (Read 5355 times)

Kuch

Kuch's Mills
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:26:46 AM »
Here are my "modern" Mills.  I also have a few old Spaldings but wanted to feature the latest and greatest.

First is a Nellie II.  A stunning bright oil can finish that can catch an eye from a hundred feet away on the putting green.  David did quite a bit of handshaping to soften the corners of the flange.

Kuch

Re: Kuch's Mills
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
A custom Huey that I ordered to be simple and classy.  My primary gamer.  Done in a satin black oxide finish and with minimal stamps. Perfection!

Kuch

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:30:27 AM »
Another custom Huey that I aquired from a great Mills collector. I call this one the "HOM" Huey or the House of Mills putter.  Stainells steel and sets up the same as my satin blxk ox version. I love the stampings on this one and it is my wet weather gamer.

Kuch

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
Here are some group photos.

jh

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Great collection Kuch!

I like how you have 3 similar putters, but with different finishes. Are the specs similar?

Congrats!

Kuch

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
Great collection Kuch!

I like how you have 3 similar putters, but with different finishes. Are the specs similar?

Congrats!
The Huey's are identical in terms of specs and how they set up.  The Nellie II is a bit different.  The hosel on the Huey is placed a little closer to the heel than the hosel on the Nellie.  Therefore the Huey has a little more toe hang.  Not much, but enough to notice when putting.

onetwo

• Roll Tide
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
Man good stuff that Nellie II is stunning  :o Have u put it in play?

Thanks for posting

Nic
Mills Mob, I'm talkin' about friendship. I'm talkin' about ...character. I'm talkin' about......ethics.

Kuch

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »
Man good stuff that Nellie II is stunning  :o Have u put it in play?

Thanks for posting

Nic
The Nellie II is back with Jay.  I am replacing it with another Nellie that has the hosel closer to the heel so it sets up just like the Hueys do.  As beautifull as it was, I don't want to have any putters that I can't game and the Nellie II wasn't quite right. Stay tuned for a collection update later this week.

onetwo

• Roll Tide
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »
Gotcha. I was wondering why I saw it back on the site. Like the all business custom too!

Nic
Mills Mob, I'm talkin' about friendship. I'm talkin' about ...character. I'm talkin' about......ethics.

Kuch

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »
Here is the replacement Nellie.  It is stainless but sets up identical to the Hueys.  A couple of things make this Nellie truly custom and different from most that are being made by David.  First the hosel is attached closer to the heel than normal. Secondly, it has a parallel tip shaft like a Huey.  Most Nellie's are made with a bell tip shaft.

Kuch

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »
This one replaced the Nellie II.  It is a Huey in satin black ox and came out the same batch as the other black ox one shown above. It is actually identical except for some different stampings.  I also decided on a full quill ostrich grip which feels and looks great.  A very nice looking way for a grips texture to help with grip pressure. It reminds me not to death grip the putter.

jh

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
That's a sick setup Kuch! Congrats!

HULL17RW

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »
This one replaced the Nellie II.  It is a Huey in satin black ox and came out the same batch as the other black ox one shown above. It is actually identical except for some different stampings.  I also decided on a full quill ostrich grip which feels and looks great.  A very nice looking way for a grips texture to help with grip pressure. It reminds me not to death grip the putter.

That is classy, like the Sole stamping! Now you need a Fleetwood and Hi Toe.
Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"

TroyK

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »
I'm jealous. :)

Sweet putter. Thanks for sharing.

TK

Darth MD

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »
Whoaaa Nellie!!!
Ping Jim Wells Bubba Anser
Bettinardi 50 Caliber 006/100
B Morgan Damascus 2010 POTY
Machine Damascus
B Grace Damascus
TP Mills "1st Proto for Review" Ming
Palombi "Final 1" 389 BZ
MannKrafted "Rattler 1"
B Morgan 007 TCB Proto 1/50
Whitlam Como!Come! Proto
G Spirits GS-A1 1/100
Gauge G1-Mill 43/50

glenwayputters

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
Not trying to sell grips here, but a lot of folks would be surprised how good the full quill grips feel.

I put one on my putter today and I really like it.

Jay
Feel free to call me any time, 704-879-9477

email = jay@piedmontleather.com

Jay

TroyK

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
Not trying to sell grips here, but a lot of folks would be surprised how good the full quill grips feel.

Jay
::)

TroyK

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
I'm gearing up for an ostrich.
They just look rich. :)

Kuch

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 07:54:25 AM »

Jay
This is true.  I had never tried one before now and the quills are very helpful in reminding me to keep a light grip pressure (as I said above).  I would encourage anyone to try one out.  They look darn nice too.

sLuGo

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
Great additions. I went on vacation and came back to 2 nice pieces being added. I have a ostrich grip on my 12 and it feels great.
It's a marriage. If I had to choose between my wife and my putter, well, I'd miss her.
 - Gary Player

imgundal

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
 8)

Looks fantastic!!!

I am a big fan of half-mallet putter. My current gamer is Odyssey TD#4.

Here is South Korea, so TP Mills are rare. But I ordered two Heuys some days ago. 

HULL17RW

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
8)

Looks fantastic!!!

I am a big fan of half-mallet putter. My current gamer is Odyssey TD#4.

Here is South Korea, so TP Mills are rare. But I ordered two Heuys some days ago.

I game an SS Huey and you will not be dissapointed  ;D. My Favorite Headshape besides the Woodie.

Kevin
HULL17RW
Kevin --- a.k.a. "KevDogg"-----

Mills Mob Goodfella's- KevDogg, Papa Smurf, Shay-D, K-Shaw and Jaybird!

Mills Mob Ladies- Bambi.

Mills Mob- Represent!

"You can't control a Mob, only hope to contain them"