Author Topic: nvgolfdude Introduction  (Read 14232 times)

nvgolfdude

• Born to golf. Forced to work.
nvgolfdude Introduction
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:51:55 PM »
Hi, my name is Dave and I have a Cameron addiction...  :thumb:

Like many of you, I am also a member on TCC.  My TCC user name is nvgolfdude.  Jimmy (jcigars) told me that I should stop on by Puttertalk and here I am.  8)

I live in the Reno/Tahoe area.  I have played golf for 30+ years, and been collecting Cameron stuff for about a year and a half.

Doug, you have done a great job with Puttertalk.  It looks great.  I look forward to spending time here and learning from the many experienced collectors.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 04:17:43 PM by Mr. Doug »
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Mr. Doug

Re: PPBeached Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:45:03 PM »
Thanks for stopping by Dave!
::: currently fixing all the things that have been bugging me for months :::

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:08:15 PM »
Dave...glad you found some time to stop by....took you long enough  :w00t: Not for anything nvgolfdude was a kick ass user name. I'm confused enough already..you just had to change your name  :laugh:

Jimmy

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Welcome Dave!, that was a great user name,
I was gonna go with MadMex or SuperMex, but I was afraid the political correct police would get me.
Be careful, this website will get you adicted to collecting others.

TJ
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
I'll just look for the shoes :P

nvgolfdude

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46:56 AM »
Everyone, thanks for the welcome.  Jimmy, sorry for the confusion.  Had I known how challenging it would be for you, I would have used nvgolfdude.   :rotfl: :rotfl:  Maybe I should ask Doug if I can change it...  I'll be sure to let you know when I change my avatar though.

Peace.  Out.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Mr. Doug

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 04:17:32 PM »
All set bro...
::: currently fixing all the things that have been bugging me for months :::

nvgolfdude

Re: nvgolfdude Introduction
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 04:26:41 PM »
Thanks Doug!  Now Jimmy will not be quite as confused...  :P
nvgolfdude@live.com

moecat01

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 04:29:39 PM »
Jimmy doesn't get confused ... not all the time, at least ;)

reflog74

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 07:17:10 PM »
Welcome Dave.  Beckett is still a punk -- albeit with filthy stuff.   :P

Go Tribe!

John

nvgolfdude

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »
I just noticed that I am now a Sr. Member.  I guess that my AARP card will be showing up in the mail any day now. :( 
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
How do you like the new avatar?   :P
nvgolfdude@live.com

luv2golow

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
I liked The Red Sox better back when the Blue Jays could beat them...... ::)
Betti's. Byrons, Cammie's, Whitlam's...... and some others, too :)

foreleft53

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
Still not a fan of the sox's...  I also see that the BB1 has made the bag.  NICE.   BTW, YOU have turned into a bad influnce.  It has come full circle, hasn't it DL??   :hmm:

nvgolfdude

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »
Foreleft53, you are the panultimate club ho.  It's just that you are used to having to PAY for things that you want/need. 

Still not a fan of the sox's...  I also see that the BB1 has made the bag.  NICE.   BTW, YOU have turned into a bad influnce.  It has come full circle, hasn't it DL??   :hmm:
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:27 AM »
Jeez!  I'm closing in on 500 posts and over 140 hours of my life spent on PT.   :(  I need to get a life, or some more putters... Yeah, that's the ticket!   :rotfl:
nvgolfdude@live.com

foreleft53

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »
Yes, yes....  more putters and maybe a few wedges!!!! :w00t:

nvgolfdude

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »
500 posts was so long ago!

Well, it was suggested that the moderators introduce themselves on their section boards.  As my introduction hasn't seen any activity in a while, I'll relay a little about myself.

In real life, I go by Dave.  I have been playing golf for over 30 years.  I was fortunate enough to be good enough to play college golf on a full scholarship a long time ago (1983-1986).  One of my teammates was Stephen Ames (yeah, sometimes I'm a name dropper  :laugh:).  I guess that I have been a putter collector for most of the last 30 years.   Trouble is I didn't know that I was one until a few years ago.  My collection is modest, but growing.

In 2008, I was introduced to Byron's putters through the test program.  Me and my cohorts (foreleft53 and themann) tried and reviewed 3 of the 4 test putters last year.  If you read our reviews, you will see that we were blown away.  Following that, I ordered my first Byron.  It was also Byron's first stainless 007 longneck.  When Byron and Steve asked if I wanted to oversee the test program, I was honored.  Hopefully, the testers, Byron and Steve will be pleased with the results.  I look forward to working with Byron, Steve, and Ryan to grow Byron's business and to introduce more people to his craftsmanship, attention to detail, and creative talents.

I currently live in the Reno/Tahoe area with my wife.  I still play a decent game of golf despite the grey hair, expanding waistline, and the desk job that gets in the way.  If you are going to be in the area  let me know.  I always look forward to meeting other putterholics.

Now, I have to see if I can find a picture that won't cause anyone to  :barf: or  :hide:

:rotfl:

nvgolfdude@live.com

drewspin

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »
So, Dave, have you made any progress with that Cameron addition? ;)

nvgolfdude

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »
So, Dave, have you made any progress with that Xxxxxxx addition? ;)

:rotfl:  S#!t stirrer...  :hmm:
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 11:45:36 PM »
OK, we were encouraged to include a mug shot with our introductions.  I was reluctant to do so, but being a good sport I decided to give it a go.  So, here's the mug that I have to go through life with...  :(  :laugh:

It's not easy being me.  ;)

Yes, that was at my second favorite place, the 19th hole.  Cheers!  :w00t:
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »
Here are some pictures of my sweet Byron 007 SS Longneck...   :thumb:
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
Update time...

In addition to overseeing the test program, and assisting the Byron fans in ordering custom Byron putters, I find myself working with finalist (Ryan) on developing Byron shirts (polos & t's), promoting Club Byron, and organizing a Byron gathering in 2010, not to mention putter tubes, posters, input on the Green Mender tool design, and having a lot of fun getting to know a lot of people with a passion for all things Byron.   ;D

Oh, and I have 3 personal putters on order with Byron (a naked Mini, a naked custom long-slant-plumbers neck DH89, and a naked CI).   :thumb:
nvgolfdude@live.com