Author Topic: Miura Blades  (Read 13208 times)

harleygolfer

Miura Blades
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »
I am thinking about buying some.Please let me know what you think of them if you have used them.

jr

Re: Miura Blades
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Billy, I have never used them, and my game would not justify them. I think your game would definitely justify them and you would really like them. I have never heard one bad thing about Miura blades or their other irons for that matter. Probable one of the best irons out there.

sandsave3

• Section Moderator
  • patrickgibbonshandmade.com
    • Patrick Gibbons Handmade
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
I saw some the other day at Hot Stix in Scottsdale. When I asked around about them, I was told that I should just get a set of Mizuno because they are built by Miura but obviously with the Mizuno name. I am not sure if that is good advice but I'm still at the beginning of my research.
Buy Golf Belts or Leather Golf Grips @PatrickGibbonsHandmade.com!

harleygolfer

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the info John.The only problem is I need to play alot more golf because I hardly hit the links.

harleygolfer

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
I saw some the other day at Hot Stix in Scottsdale. When I asked around about them, I was told that I should just get a set of Mizuno because they are built by Miura but obviously with the Mizuno name. I am not sure if that is good advice but I'm still at the beginning of my research.

Thanks for the info.I have mizuno and titleist blades.I heard they were alittle bit softer feel.

johndeere10

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »
Billy sad news they only make a 2 iron not a 1 iron for you..... :(

harleygolfer

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »
Billy sad news they only make a 2 iron not a 1 iron for you..... :(

LOL

I am very happy with the 1 iron I have.They do make a 2 iron though.I like 1 thru lob.

Herd8497

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
I am thinking about buying some.Please let me know what you think of them if you have used them.

I advise sending a PM to Chip Usher.  He is co-owner of C & L putters and is moderator of their forum.  He is also a Miura dealer, so I'm sure he can give you some great feedback.

Jay
It's all made in Cougar Country....Van Wert Steel

ws6

• Is it summer yet?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
I have hit the blades, they are very nice clubs.  I didn't buy a set because I felt like an Endo forged club (at a lower price) was an equal performer.

ncboiler

• Adios
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
You can't beat Miura's for forged clubs.  There is a reason that so many tour pro's prefer forgings by Miura.  

I've only hit a CB-202 6 iron demo and loved it.  I just didn't feel that day in and day out that I was good enough for the 202's.

I don't think you can go wrong with a custom built set of Miuras.  Give Chip Usher a call and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to work with you.

BTW, Mizuno does their own forging.  Miura doesn't do any forgings for OEMs any longer.  I believe they stopped a couple years ago.

ckay

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »
That's false information.  The foundry doesn't do any forgings for OEM.  They'd competing against themselves if they did, with a significantly cheaper alternative to Miura branded heads.

tpariff

• "You can't handle the truth!"
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »
Billy, the advice provided by Jay is spot on.  Chip built the set I had a couple of years back, the CB 201 with Nippon shafts.  Chip will discuss your game, your preferences, etc. and do his best to get you in the right setup.

The Miura irons are very nice.  They are some of the softest irons I've ever hit, and I've been a Mizuno guy for most of my playing life.  Of all the iron sets I've bought and sold over the years, this is probably the only set I regret selling.

Good luck with it!
Kevin

jr

cueist

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »
Billy,

The few Miura irons that I have hit have felt great. I still use Mizuno blades, but the Miura's are deffinately worth a try.

Jim

Venno

• Section Moderator
  • TourStockPutters.com
    • TourStockPutters
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
Maybe I was misinformed but I thought Muira did do sets for Mizuno at one time, I have seen cleveland wedges from muira, and I thought mizuno irons as well. The wedges by cleveland done by muira were nearly 299 each i think if I am not mistaken and were available on tourspec golf.

Follow us on Twitter! @TourStockPutter

cueist

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/resources/showreview/jan2008/GWJanNagai.jpg/

"Mizuno doesn't have it's own forging factory. We design the clubs a company called Chuo forge them, then we finish them. They are based in Hiroshima..."

Jim

harleygolfer

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
Thanks for all the info.I will post in a few months how they feel when I get them.

ckay

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
Maybe I was misinformed but I thought Muira did do sets for Mizuno at one time, I have seen cleveland wedges from muira, and I thought mizuno irons as well. The wedges by cleveland done by muira were nearly 299 each i think if I am not mistaken and were available on tourspec golf.
At one time, Miura did forgings for a few OEMs.  The real question is for how long.  I had a set of Miura forged TM CBs.  Awesome sticks.  Funny thing is only a limited run came from the Miura foundry and it is virtually impossible to determine which were unless you get a set with the "Made in Japan" labels still attached to them.   

DallasPanic

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »
Got a set of miura's 7+ yrs ago and they were the most beautiful but most impossible set of irons to hit ever.  Tried to play with them for two years before I gave it up.
Im a 3 +/- a few here or there but they were WAY to much club for me.
They are the older version of these #2001 model I think

bicoastal

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »
Ckay aare you talking Tad Moores, I never heard anything like that but it tickles me, if so what model cavitys?
Morgan in Az
At one time, Miura did forgings for a few OEMs.  The real question is for how long.  I had a set of Miura forged TM CBs.  Awesome sticks.  Funny thing is only a limited run came from the Miura foundry and it is virtually impossible to determine which were unless you get a set with the "Made in Japan" labels still attached to them.   

ckay

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 10:52:40 PM »
Morgan, the clubs I speak of are the TaylorMade RAC CBs from 2003.  There is a lot of speculation as to how large the run was.  Some say 1,000 is the magic number.  To buy a set now is a crap shoot unless you find a set of T stamps.

bicoastal

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
Beautiful sticks, I got serious willies when I thought TM might mean Tad Moore. Thanks

potuna

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 02:18:48 AM »
I have the 05 TM CBs with swirled faces and the Onoff 247 cbs both forged by Muria.                                   Once you get used to the feel everything else feels like crap.
Byron 615 SS
Bettinardi BB-5 Al/Br PN

tpariff

• "You can't handle the truth!"
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 12:58:54 AM »
Did Miura forge all or a portion of the TM 300 irons?  I thought I read somewhere that they did.

I have a set of TM 300 irons that make a guest appearance every now and then.  The serial number starts with a "T" and is handstamped.  They sure are soft.

Kevin