Author Topic: Glass Blast v. Tour Satin  (Read 326 times)

towncryer

Glass Blast v. Tour Satin
« on: April 08, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Hello all!
I had Byron make a DH89 this January in Glass Blast http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=46812.msg436832#msg436832.

I love it! But as you all know, the next putter you order is always rattling around in your minds. My idea for putter 2 is kind of strange...I was thinking about doing the EXACT same putter that I have now but in a different finish. I was looking at Tour Satin...it seems really close to Glass Blast but maybe more of a brushed stainless look?

Anyway, if anyone has any insight about the differences between the two finishes, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Ben

TrueRoll140

Re: Glass Blast v. Tour Satin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
For the most part they're the same. Glass blast is the new term.

I asked this question a while back and someone (Eddie, Byron, Steve, can't remember who...) said Glass Blast was with new beads while Tour Satin was with used.

I have both. VERY similar. My older DH89 with Tour Satin a slightly darker, more matte and more smooth. My newer Glass Blast putters are slightly brighter, yet have a bit of a courser feel to it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:55:57 PM by TrueRoll140 »

towncryer

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:17:45 PM »
Good information. Much appreciated! Sounds to me like it would be silly to do the same putter in Tour Satin...too similar.

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:56:20 AM »
Almost the same mate - both designed with minimum glare in mind. Go for something different - and ALWAYS think about the 'next' putter!  ;)

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

towncryer

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
Almost the same mate - both designed with minimum glare in mind. Go for something different - and ALWAYS think about the 'next' putter!  ;)

Rob

Haha...yep, already thinking about it. I'd love some kind of brushed stainless finish. A little shinier than glass blast, but not nearly as much as polished. I'd also think of doing something black and glossy on a DH89.

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »
Dude, you KNOW that if you are talking about something that is not shiny and pretty - you are talking to the wrong guy here ha ha  ;D

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob