Author Topic: Help .Could this be a Morgan?  (Read 602 times)

guvmuleman

Help .Could this be a Morgan?
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:42 AM »
Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated.mike

Re: Help .Could this be a Morgan?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »
Someone else made a similar post here, or on another board, asking for more information on a putter like that.  The distinguishing characteristic is that circle with the number 1 inside of it.  This isn't a Byron putter, but I want to say it's from a line of hand-milled(?) putters done by Don White or another highly respected craftsman.  Looking into it to see if I can find a link as I may be getting stories crossed here  :o

-Tyler

guvmuleman

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:59:04 PM »
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Just curious.. it was probably me on another forum.....

Byron Morgan

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »
Not one of mine.

guvmuleman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »
Thank you sir.

guvmuleman

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »
Well I may never find out the maker but today I had the loft adjusted and it's starting to really feel like a gamer.

Golfluvzme

• Section Moderator
  • The little guy just working harder, ;-)
    • MannKrafted GolfWorks and Custom Milled Putters
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 02:02:31 AM »
I believe it to be a product of "Prototype Putters", a seller on Ebay who has a source that seems to feed him odds and ends that all look to be OEM over-runs or "open models" from foundries outside of the USA.
He has some that he sells as handmades and I have no idea as to those pieces.  This one does not look to be hand milled, but more likely cast with a skim milled face.  The texture in the cavity and remnants of that same texture on the shoulders are telling that story.
Just my thoughts and if you like the putter, the story should not make or break the way she rolls the rock.
Best of luck,
LaMont in AZ

guvmuleman

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
Thank you. For the info..And I agree about the rolling. I don't seem to usually put as well with a blade then a mallet.and the first couple of rolls with this one it was going to find a home in the corner.but my friend adjusted the loft and now it's rolling nicely. Thank you again for the detailed reply. Mike

eddiea54

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
Pretty sure it's a Myron Borgan... :))
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
I believe it to be a product of "Prototype Putters", a seller on Ebay who has a source that seems to feed him odds and ends that all look to be OEM over-runs or "open models" from foundries outside of the USA.
He has some that he sells as handmades and I have no idea as to those pieces.  This one does not look to be hand milled, but more likely cast with a skim milled face.  The texture in the cavity and remnants of that same texture on the shoulders are telling that story.
Just my thoughts and if you like the putter, the story should not make or break the way she rolls the rock.
Best of luck,
LaMont in AZ

LaMont is right.

Don White was an iron/ wedge grinder- not a putter guy BTW.  (Better on irons than wedges)  :)

Etiger83

• I Putt Out
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
Those were "Prototype Putters" brand done by DW White. There are some positive and some negative stories over on Wrx from them.

guvmuleman

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:47 AM »
Thank you. I guess no matter what it is,there's always good and bad replies...cheers