Author Topic: Eddiea54 Moderator intro  (Read 1265 times)

eddiea54

Eddiea54 Moderator intro
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »
Most of you know me and have known me for years.  But for those that don't here's a brief history of who I am and where we intend to go!

I'm 33 years old and married to my high school sweetheart. I have two amazing kids Elliot (5) and Eva (3).  Elliot has two custom Byron mini's and Eva has one.   A lot of people know me for my career.  I am a high end woodworker/ cabinet builder/ master carpenter.  I've been professionally building furniture and have owned and operated my business Eddie Austin Woodworks for over 15 years now.https://www.facebook.com/eddieaustinwoodworks/  I can't say enough good things about Puttertalk and how the awesome people here have helped my business grow.  Many that are my friends and clients. 

I joined this site at the urging of Herd8497 (Jay) he sold me my first Byron putter.  It was the most beautiful thing I'd seen.  A carbon 006, copper plated with the twilight milling and a sound slot.  From that point on I was hooked on everything Byron.  Long story short I've owned probably more than 30 Byron putters of which I still own a little over a dozen.  I became a fan of his precise stamping, his ability to do a weld neck better than anyone in the business,  his ability to manipulate a piece of metal stock into Roll Abiding Gold.   Over the years I've gotten to know Byron more and more.  I love nothing more to listen to his amazing stories of golf/ baseball and life through our many phone conversations.  What I and many have found is a person like no other.  A person who will talk more than putters and be just as engaged in you as you are in him.  It's been an honor to know him and I look forward to the future working with Byron and bringing many awesome adventures to our fellow PT members together. 

My golf game is sketchy, I don't get to practice that much.  I hover around the mid 80's when I play and for the most part I'm fine with that.  I enjoy my rounds of golf and the people I get to share it with.  Sometimes I slip out of the wood-shop on really hot days  where the shop is too hot to work and I go play golf.  Never to hot for golf.  :)) 

In the future please do not hesitate to ask me any questions about Byron, putters, life etc.  I will promptly reply.  You can email me at eddie@eddieaustinwoodworks.com 

I look forward to providing you with the best Club Byron experience yet and the most Roll Abiding Byron product releases known to man.   

your friend,

-EA

ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

timastyle

Re: Eddiea54 Moderator intro
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:15:03 AM »
Great writeup Eddie!  This is a great fit.
Byron Morgan:
Byron Morgan GS DH-89 Brushed Stainless with Plow neck (formerly a short pipe high polish blue oil as in my avatar)

Xenon:
Handmade Xenon Damascus Stainless (gamer)

Nead:
On order Albz

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 02:07:58 AM »
you forgot the part about your victorian putter case. I think I could sit on that porch for the rest of my life. It looks amazing.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

eddiea54

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
Ha, thank you Ryan, 2015 was the year of the Victorian for sure.  I hired out the framing, drywall and roof.  The rest we did ourselves... shew. 
ea.byronputters@gmail.com

www.byronputters.com

The Roll Abides

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »
I wish you nothing but success, my friend! Being a quasi Club Byron member in the past from playing in the first baseball league, to owning many Byron sticks (as well as many of the best prior John Byron sticks), to actually acquiring a Byron with the actual club stamp in reverse on the face... I am thrilled to have you and your dedication as part of this effort.

As many know, I have said pretty much the same things about my experiences with Lumpy at Xenon Golf. I think it is worthy to stand up and speak for every hand builder that communicates, cares, and has back stories that keep people like you and me interested in our favorites. Byron, Kari, Gene, Geo, Lamont and Lumpy are some of my very favorites to be sure.

May 2016 be a great kickoff to this venture's re-boot!

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

ws6

• Is it summer yet?
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 09:25:12 PM »
That is a spectacular house.