Author Topic: Byron Putters F.A.Q.  (Read 43567 times)

drewspin

Byron Putters F.A.Q.
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »
I am starting a F.A.Q. thread.

drewspin

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
Q.  What models of putters do you have?

A.  We currently have the following models available:

** 006 **

An anser 2-style, cnc-milled in one piece from a solid billet, engineered with the sweet-spot (center of gravity) inline with the center of the pocket.  We currently have the 006 available in 11L17 carbon steel in a variety of finishes.  The headweight is approx. 355g +/- 1g without a sound slot and approx. 350-351g with a sound slot.

** 007 **

A Scottsdale anser-style, cnc-milled in one piece from a solid billet, engineered with the sweet-spot (center of gravity) inline with the center of the pocket.  We currently have the 007 available in 11L17 carbon steel in a variety of finishes.  The headweight is approx. 355g +/- 1g without a sound slot and approx. 350-351g with a sound slot.

** 007 TCB **

A Scottsdale anser-style, cnc-milled in one piece from a solid billet of Tellurium Copper, engineered with the sweet-spot (center of gravity) inline with the center of the pocket.  The 007 TCB is a limited production run of less than 50 pieces, and we currently have only a few left.  The headweight is approx. 365g +/- 1g (without sound slot) and approx. 360g with sound slot.

Putter Models in the works:

** 007X  CUSTOM**

The 007 head shape which has been designed and cnc-milled without a neck to accomodate a variety of custom-welded necks.  We are waiting on the completion of the neck parts and should be up and running with these soon.

** Craftsman Series **
We are starting a periodic series of putters that showcase the craft of putter-making.  Not true hand-mades, but these custom crafted putters will have extensive grinding and milling operations and welded hosels.

The first putter in the craftsman series is going to be a TPAXVIII-style mallet.

** Channel Islands **
The Channel Islands is a new design for a heel-toe weighted, high-MOI mid mallet with traditional styling. 

We always have things in the works, we will announce more soon.

drewspin

Q. What is the Twilight Zone face milling like?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »
Q. What is the Twilight Zone face milling like?

A. The twilight zone face milling is designed to produce a very flat decorative putter face.  The pattern made by the cnc-milling machine appears to be "holographic" (three dimensional) but ONLY when the putter is held to catch the reflections of light at a certain angle. 

The face milling pattern is not visible from address, and it could be buffed out if you would like no milling marks at all.

drewspin

How are Byron putters made?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »
Q. How are Byron putters made?

A. All Byron putters are milled, manufactured and assembled in the USA.  Our shafts come from True Temper and are also made in America, the head covers are from AM&E and also made in America.

Materials:

For carbon steel putters Byron uses 11L17 low carbon steel.

For stainless steel, he generally uses 303 American Stainless Steel ( It's a fine piece of A S S).  There are also some german stainless steel Byron putters being done for export only.

For the tellurium copper billet (TCB) putters we use C14500

Unless you see a welded neck (or a true handmade that has been hand-milled by Byron), Byron putters are CNC-milled in one piece from billets, as shown below:

drewspin

Re: Byron Putters F.A.Q.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »
Q. Can you describe the the differences in feel between carbon steel and solid copper?

A.  Feel is inherently subjective.  Feel may be described differently from person to person. Copper is a softer material than carbon steel, and copper tends to vibrate when struck at higher frequencies, so it can make a higher pitched sound. 

For a review of carbon and copper versions of Byron putters, please see JR's great thread here: http://www.puttertalk.com/community/index.php/topic,1907.0.html

Mr 44

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
Whats the link to purchase Headcovers and other accessories?
Member #55

LasUtah

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 06:52:44 PM »
Hello everyone, my buddy has a John Byron putter.  Its reads "DALE HEAD 9" on the back and "NEW NINE 1999" on the face.  The putter head itself is smaller than normal.  Anyways i love the feel of the putter and it sets up nice and square so im thinking about buying it, however i cant find this exact putter anywhere on the internet.  Im not sure how much to offer him so if anyone could help me out with a price to offer him id appreciate it.  Also, the condition of the putter is fair.  It has the original shaft and doesnt have any dings or bends just the usual wear and tear.  THANKS ALOT- Ian

drewspin

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
Hello everyone, my buddy has a John Byron putter.  Its reads "DALE HEAD 9" on the back and "NEW NINE 1999" on the face.  The putter head itself is smaller than normal.  Anyways i love the feel of the putter and it sets up nice and square so im thinking about buying it, however i cant find this exact putter anywhere on the internet.  Im not sure how much to offer him so if anyone could help me out with a price to offer him id appreciate it.  Also, the condition of the putter is fair.  It has the original shaft and doesnt have any dings or bends just the usual wear and tear.  THANKS ALOT- Ian

Dale Head 9 is a 9 cm long putter made by Byron.  I believe he still has a few in manganese bronze and perhaps stainless.  Contact Byron at Byron@byronputters.com

They are not expensive.

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 01:48:14 AM »
Let's say I game my Stainless DH89, can it be sent in for some resto after som time?
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

Z-MAN

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 02:25:23 AM »
 The Dale Head 9 costs between $75.00-$100.00 new

TJ.. Byron is one of the best at refurbishing putters . So the answer is yes

LasUtah

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »
Zman, thank you for answering my question. The other guy just referred me to where i could buy a new one... some people...

Brando5105

• Today's gamer Betti Sig 2
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »
any Dale Head 9 still aval? Thanks
PGA Professional

My Putters:
Bettinardi Sig 2
Bettinardi Tour Proto
Tour Issue Kombi Long
MannKrafted Ping Redwood
Ping Anser F Ti
Ping JAS Wti
Machine M2A
Palombi ALbrz
SSB Prototype

Z-MAN

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
Yes there is. Byron has the maganese bronze in stock

Byron Morgan

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »
I also found some stainless Dale Head 9's.

Z-MAN

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »
Those are really nice

Brando5105

• Today's gamer Betti Sig 2
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »
I also found some stainless Dale Head 9's.

Thanks Byron...I might need to take a look at those when I see you on tuesday to pick up my first piece of A.S.S
PGA Professional

My Putters:
Bettinardi Sig 2
Bettinardi Tour Proto
Tour Issue Kombi Long
MannKrafted Ping Redwood
Ping Anser F Ti
Ping JAS Wti
Machine M2A
Palombi ALbrz
SSB Prototype

kints

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
What stamps are available for a DH89?
Shawn

Z-MAN

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 10:21:39 AM »
Off the top of my head..
Lightning bolt,Griffin,Smiley,Skull,Bone,Skull and bones,Circle and the normal stamps. I might have missed a few that we haven`t used for awhile.

A couple more,Shamrock and 4 leaf clover
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:27:25 AM by Z-MAN »

kints

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
griffin?
Shawn

Z-MAN

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
Here is a picture of a griffin stamped in the pocket

Z-MAN

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
One more picture.. this is the large version on Kit`s putter

TonyT

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
Have we seen this one yet?

** Craftsman Series **
We are starting a periodic series of putters that showcase the craft of putter-making.  Not true hand-mades, but these custom crafted putters will have extensive grinding and milling operations and welded hosels.

The first putter in the craftsman series is going to be a TPAXVIII-style mallet.

Z-MAN

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
That is the M-65-18 model.. We still have a few of those left. You can also get it with a few different hosels

SALUKI LEFTY

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:10 AM »
What neck styles are available in left hand on the 006 ?

Z-MAN

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »
We can do a  goose neck and another in shorter version like the Rincon only round.Byron can also do a slant neck version

putter

• Will Be Mine Soon.....
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
Is there a thread with pictures to all the putter models that is currently available? Wanted to know just so I can compare different heads and necks of Byron Morgon putters, also the various kinds of finishing and material used.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

funkyfedora

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »
Not an official one.. Your best bet is either looking through members collections threads. Or the Byron Pictures thread on golfwrx.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208308&st=0&start=0

putter

• Will Be Mine Soon.....
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »
Thanks for the link to the pictures.  Went through it, and it showed some really interesting putters. :)

Maybe someone should get it organized someday as it will be a good reference for newbies (like me). ;D

funkyfedora

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »
I know my project to do while I am on christmas break. I will get it started at least and work on it a little at a time.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 07:00:50 PM »
One of the goals at the Mixer is to get as many pictures of Member putters as I can and put together a gallery for posting here on PT.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

Hungsolo

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »
One of the goals at the Mixer is to get as many pictures of Member putters as I can and put together a gallery for posting here on PT.
The facebook group has tons of great pictures too!
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/photo_search.php?oid=190938234635&view=all

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »
And I want to post a bunch of little videos. I'll be rolling around with my camera bringing the motion action for those not attending. Lots of youtube videos.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

funkyfedora

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
Live webcam feed? ;D

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
Live webcam feed? ;D

I was thinking a helmet cam that I'd wear 24/7 with live web chatting...  or not. 
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

funkyfedora

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 03:12:22 PM »
Awesome idea. Turn it off when you go to the bathroom and when you go to sleep? 

nvgolfdude

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »

The question is can Ryan make more money wearing the helmet cam to the gentlemen's club (he'd have to charge for that live feed - 1-900-GIRLSOFHB), or being paid by his fellow gentlemen not to wear it.  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

funkyfedora

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:44 PM »
Take pics of putters with girls? That would go great with the "Where have your Byron's been" thread.

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »

The question is can Ryan make more money wearing the helmet cam to the gentlemen's club (he'd have to charge for that live feed - 1-900-GIRLSOFHB), or being paid by his fellow gentlemen not to wear it.  8)

The thought of wearing a helmet cam to a "gent's club" cracks me up. The thought of bringing my putter to a gentlemen's club to pose it with girls for funky sounds like a headcover idea.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

funkyfedora

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
I know my project to do while I am on christmas break. I will get it started at least and work on it a little at a time.

So I am starting to work on this. This week is dedicated to 006s...

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 04:55:26 PM »
Feel free to use the pictures of my 006 oil can.  I'll also have pictures of the putter finished in Coldstar when Byron is done working his magic :)

Oh, oil can and black star mist!  --> http://www.puttertalk.com/community/index.php/topic,19348.0.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:57:04 PM by Thaddy »

funkyfedora

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
I will definitely use the black star mist. This won't be as extravagant as the posters. Kind of a simple quick and dirty lookbook for newbies to the Byron World.

Snowgod

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Are there still Dalehead 9s available? If not, how can I order a new putter of the same size?
Don't think about it!

funkyfedora

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »
Are there still Dalehead 9s available? If not, how can I order a new putter of the same size?

Yes they are. P.M. Steve or Dave. I just ordered one for a friends daughter. She is turning 3 in Sept and I wanted to get her started in golf. Haha.

Z-MAN

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Yes we have Dale Head 9`s available.. I have 6 ready and looking for new homes. We can also make you a custom

Snowgod

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
Yes we have Dale Head 9`s available.. I have 6 ready and looking for new homes. We can also make you a custom
How would I order one of the 6 and what is the cost? Any S&H cost?
Don't think about it!

Z-MAN

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »
PM sent

HKGolfer

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
Is it possible to menu of available materials for the putters (stainless steel / carbon etc.) and details of the finishes that can be applied to each material?

Z-MAN

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:29 PM »
We can do that..

Stainless- Mystic Pearl ,Black PVD,Copper Plate,Coldstar,Blue Oil,Satin Mist,Double torched  gleam City and variations

Carbon-Coldstar,Copper Plate,Oil can,Black Ox,Blue oil..

We can do  matte variations and  Double +triple polish in most of these finishes

silliwilli

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Can Byron do a belly putter? Wouldn't mind picking up a Channel Island belly...

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »
Someone will chime in with the CI Belly answer, but take a look at this heavy weight Da Kine... 400 something grams would make a cool belly.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com