Author Topic: Bombora Head Shapes  (Read 15540 times)

nvgolfdude

Bombora Head Shapes
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:37:33 AM »
For a while now, we have been talking about the shapes of the Bombora.  Well, Byron has determined that there are three basic head shapes.  These shapes can have variations to meet the individual desires of the owner.  The most obvious variations will be the shape of the toe and heel, which can be round or square.  To make things easier, Byron has taken pictures of the head shapes and named them.

Byron found that there is a surfing location off of Oahu called Bomboras, and that adjacent to Bomboras are surfing locales called Secrets, Ala Mo (short for Ala Moana), InBetweens.  Here you have the names of the shapes.  We'll keep adding pictures to aid in selecting your ideal Bombora putter.  8)
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

nvgolfdude

Re: Bombora Head Shapes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:06:58 PM »
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

TY5

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 06:39:55 AM »
Can we have pics of playing positions of the different head shapes please?

Thaddy

• Putterhead #0277
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
Dave, along with pictures from address is there any way to add a description of the differences between the three shapes?

nvgolfdude

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
Can we have pics of playing positions of the different head shapes please?

We'll work on this at the Mixer in June.  We should have at least one of each there from among the many attendees.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
Dave, along with pictures from address is there any way to add a description of the differences between the three shapes?

Good idea Zack.  I'll have to spend some time with Byron on this to get the Master's input. :)
nvgolfdude@live.com

Eviltwin

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
Love that Rockpile!  ;)

nvgolfdude

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
A new Bombora head shape.  This one pays homage to a surfing legend, SoCal native, board builder, and to put it in the surfing lexicon a FOG (frickin' old guy), which is supposed to be a term of respect from a youngster who gets schooled by an experienced surfer.  We are referring to Greg Noll, a.k.a. Da Bull.  This shape is call The Bull.  8)

Here's a link to Greg's Bio: http://www.surfline.com/surfing-a-to-z/greg-noll-biography-and-photos_871/
nvgolfdude@live.com

Z-MAN

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
That looks like a putter Byron might bag..Very nice

exodus

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »
How does the MOI on the bombora compare to the 007? The secrets putter definitely looks like something i could play.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
How does the MOI on the bombora compare to the 007? The secrets putter definitely looks like something i could play.

It depends on the neck.  The observations of bargolf (US Golf Academy) are that the long round neck improves the overall MOI of the putter.  In other words, put the round neck on an 007 and you improve its MOI.  The Bombora is a tremendous 'feeling' putter.  There is a demo Bombora available if you like to give it a roll.  Just shoot me a PM.
nvgolfdude@live.com

CarlSpackler

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Dave, I emailed and pm'd you...let's get going on a bombora order
Byron HB-15
Lajosi Damascus Bayzie HSM

-Justin

nvgolfdude

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 12:53:45 AM »
Dave, I emailed and pm'd you...let's get going on a bombora order

Got it!  :)  Replies on the way to you.
nvgolfdude@live.com

myzislow

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »
Can somebody please explain the differences between the Ala Mo shape and the InBetweens? I am having a hard time discerning the differences between the two. Thanks!

nvgolfdude

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »
Can somebody please explain the differences between the Ala Mo shape and the InBetweens? I am having a hard time discerning the differences between the two. Thanks!

Sure, the Ala Mo is bigger, a little more squared with somewhat sharper angles.  When finished it is heavier than the In Betweens.  In Betweens is a bit more tapered in the toe and heel, softer lines/angles and the finished head will generally weigh less than the Ala Mo.  However, either shape can be fashioned by Byron to achieve the head weight you desire, within reason...
nvgolfdude@live.com

bambi380

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 06:47:23 AM »
Dave you forgot me on that Bomboa demo. It has been a really long time. I just figure it is because I am a women. I will not hold it against you but it is sure keeping me from my first Byron. :)
"Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."

nvgolfdude

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »
Dave you forgot me on that Bomboa demo. It has been a really long time. I just figure it is because I am a women. I will not hold it against you but it is sure keeping me from my first Byron. :)

;D  Bambi, you're killing me.  I'll shoot you a PM
nvgolfdude@live.com

bambi380

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »
I still love you Dave.  I just wanna try a Byron! PlEaSe? ;)
"Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
I still love you Dave.  I just wanna try a Byron! PlEaSe? ;)

If I had a spot I'd give it up for you, so I am sure that you'll get a shot somehow. I so enjoyed being part of the Epic Day demo, even though it didn't work for my stroke, just to get to see and be part of the eval of it was an honor.

Jimbo  8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

Huntard

• Let's talk about drivers! I mean putters!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
I'm really digging Bombora head shapes now.

Mark this thread for future reference (just in case I need to order one).

Edit: LOL, darn it. I didn't realize this has already been pinned.
Byron Morgan DH89
Odyssey Versa BWB #7

PapaJohick

• Putt with beauty
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »
Sorry posted in another Bombora thread, but maybe would be able to get answers here too? From the pictures above, I am still having trouble finding differences among some of the head shapes. Any possible help would be fantastic please!

Just a man looking for a great flatstick