Author Topic: Good luck to Kari's JR8 & the Tigers!  (Read 633 times)

Gava

• Adam Scott - First Aussie To Win The US Masters
Good luck to Kari's JR8 & the Tigers!
« on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
I'm not a Richmond supporter but hope the Tigers get the win over the Adelaide Crows this weekend in the AFL Grand Final.

I know Kari's a Richmond fan as he may have made a special custom putter for one for one of it's well known players (Jack Reiwoldt?) in this thread; 

http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=42990.msg413841#msg413841

And here he is with the recently crowned Brownlow medalist Dustin Martin.  Good luck boys!

I'm a member at The Vines in Western Australia.  Look me up if you are visiting.

FrankenScotty

Re: Good luck to Kari's JR8 & the Tigers!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »
Well said Gav, you beat me to the punch, I had been thinking about this myself,

Kari is a huge Tiger's man, through thick and mainly thin, as passionate as Mick Molloy!!

A Grand Final win on Saturday would alleviate all the ridicule that Kari has copped over the years for being such a faithful supporter of his beloved Tige's.

I hope that he is going to be at "The G" tomorrow to witness history, I think that he was there last weekend to witness the Giants from Sydney cop a belting from Richmond for a place in the Grand Final.

I will be watching the game from home and also going for the Tigers, hopefully all the PT members can get them home, even the one's who's teams didn't make it to the big dance this year. It is Victoria versus South Australia isn't it?

I was going to suggest a small run of Jack Riewoldt DD201 JR8 Premiers putters, with appropriate graphics of course, in the event of a win,

It would be great for the game if the Richmond boys get up, as last years Grand Final result was, Up The Tigers!!
"You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me"

KLP1264

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »
Thanks Gav & Steve

I went to the game last Saturday and to be in a stadium with 95,000 people cheering and screaming
for one side was the most unbelievably exhilarating feeling I have ever experienced at a sporting
event.- It has never happened in a 130yrs  history of our game and will probably never happen again.

To hear the roar at the end of the game and sing our famous song with 95000 fans was something my son and I will cherish for the rest of our lives.

We didn’t get  tickets to the big game tomorrow- as it's pretty much a corporate game these days with half  the normal tickets available- but we will be watching the big game at home with beer in hand
Cheering the mighty Yellow & Black!!!

As we have been saying (and hoping) for the last 4 weeks of the finals- "its Tiger Time”

Kari

CraigS

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:19:53 AM »
They are looking good Kari but the opposition will be stiff, looking forward to it, would love to see the Tigers get up after watching the Dogs win last year, great for the traditional clubs to see a resurgence, might be a little while yet for my Lions though.

Gava

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »
Yes might be a while for the Lions, Craig but you've got a decent Tasmanian coach with a solid pedigree which is always a good start.

I admit Adelaide has the forward firepower to trouble Richmond on paper, so scoring will be important for the Tigers.  I'd suggest Kari's JR8 will have to kick a few for the Tigers to win.

Love Grand Final day.
I'm a member at The Vines in Western Australia.  Look me up if you are visiting.

Gava

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 07:39:41 AM »
I went to the game last Saturday and to be in a stadium with 95,000 people cheering and screaming
for one side was the most unbelievably exhilarating feeling I have ever experienced at a sporting
event.

Gava

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 03:51:39 AM »
Congratulations Richmond Tigers.  You must be pumped Kari!

CraigS

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 04:43:43 AM »
Ridiculously good performance in a GF. 3 stellar finals in a row, not an easy task.

Gava

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 04:51:47 AM »
And than there was the after party with The Killers... :D

FrankenScotty

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 06:03:11 PM »
Any thoughts on at least a commemorative head cover Kari,

Surely something from Lajosi, to mark this momentous, historic occasion?

You are a bit quiet Mate, not still a little hung over are ya? LOL.

oldmannoodles

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
Congrats Kari - you sobered up yet? Great win for the Tigers and their long-suffering fans.

KLP1264

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 04:28:48 PM »
What a game- what a win and WHAT a celebration!!!! (back to reality today)
It's just starting to sink in that the mighty Tigers are the premiers - the best team in the land!!
After so many years of ups and mostly downs- this is a unbelievably great feeling!!

Kari

FrankenScotty

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 05:45:53 PM »
Sounds like you have no beer or red left Kari?

Richmond took everything that The Crows threw at them in the first quarter and a half, and then the tide started to turn with Richmond doing better with their scoring opportunities,

If The Crows had got out to a decent little lead there in the first quarter, it may have been a different story, but the Tigers just hung in there, through pure desperation, (that is the take from a New South Welshman anyway),

There is at least a good six months, before you need to come down off cloud nine, when the 2018 season starts, and all the other clubs will appear to have a vendetta against the Tige's, which is the norm for the defending Premiers,

Let's hope that they can do it back to back to fully silence any lingering critics,

Enjoy the summer months as "the best team in the land!!', quote, unquote!

Cheers Steve.

KLP1264

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »
After spending the week celebrating our great win- reading all the articles and game analysis I thought it couldn't
get much better- well little did I know that at the par 3 - 3rd a sweetly struck 6 iron would come off the right edge of the green and nestle between the flag & the lip- BANG!!! my first hole in one!!

Two totally unimaginable things a few weeks ago have now occurred. I just can't believe it!!!!!!!

Kari 

FrankenScotty

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 11:11:27 PM »
Well done Mate, Great stuff,

How about a nice Summer Ale to celebrate!!

Magic.

KLP1264

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 03:09:31 AM »
Thanks Steve- Yes I had a few of your beautifully brewed Summer Ale!!

Kari

FrankenScotty

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:50 AM »
Was this the green Kari, on your home course?

KLP1264

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
Was this the green Kari, on your home course?

Yes it was Steve- and the flag was in a similar spot- maybe a bit closer to the bunkers on the right.

The green is raised, so I couldn't see it go in, but my playing partner thought he saw it hit the flag, so when
I could see some of the ball as I walked up to the green, I thought it's hit the flag and bounced off.

Kari

dans4fun

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 12:27:26 AM »
 :)
      Congrats Kari,

Still remember when a coworker called me at work one day and said he had gotten his first Hole in One.  Like it was going to happen once a year.  He had just started golfing.

Enjoy the moment, may never happen again.  But make sure you keep trying!

Dan

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:18 AM »
Great stuff Kari - on both counts!!!

Nothing quite like a well struck hole-in-one mate!  :D

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob