Author Topic: The complete list of the various series of TPM putters  (Read 12242 times)

oldmannoodles

The complete list of the various series of TPM putters
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »
Courtesy of Mark Conner's old website, here's the list of the various Spalding TPM series:

Roman Numeral Series 1968

This series was made up of nine putters.  These were produced in both carbon and stainless steel.  All have a black finish with white lettering.  All have the pencil shaft, both fluted and un-fluted with a ferrule in right hand only.  These had a sight oval with crosshair on the face.  The roman numeral was below the letters TPM on face at the heel.  The sole has SPALDING - TOURING PRO MODEL in white.
I   
II   
III   
IV   
V   
VI   
VII   
VIII
IX

Numbered Series 1985-1991

This series was made up of thirteen putters.  These were produced in both carbon and stainless steel.  All had a black finish with white lettering.  All had the pencil shaft.  These were in right hand only with the exception of the No. 10 which was produced in left hand only.  These had a sight dot with crosshair on the face.  The number was below the letters T.P.M on face at the heel.  The sole has PRECISION GROUND - SPALDING - DESIGNED BY T.P MILLS  in white.
10 LH

TPM TOUR Series 1985-1992

This series was made up of five putters.  These were produced mostly in stainless steel, but there have been a few known to be made from carbon steel.  All had a black finish with gold lettering.  All had a regular shaft.  These were in right hand only.  These had a sight dot with NO crosshair on the face.  The number was on the sole under the word SPALDING.  The face has T.P.M TOUR SERIES at the heel.  The sole has PRECISION GROUND - SPALDING - DESIGNED BY T.P MILLS  with on the word SPALDING and number in white.  The 18 & 19 model was also available with a graphite shaft.

Gold Series 1988

This series was made up of four putters.  All are made of brass with a vibratory finish.  Dot sight stamp on topline.  Crosshair on face.  TPM over GOLD at heel on face.  Numbers are in roman numerals.
I
II
III
IV

Second Numbered Series 1992

In 1992 there was a second release of numbered series.  Everything remained the same with the exception of a long line was added to the topline.  The number 14 was also changed from the mallet style of the first series to a left hand model like the number 10 but with a pocket.
10 LH
14 LH

Third Numbered Series 1995

This series was made up of eight putters. This series is of flange and deep blade style.  All have a rough black texture with the exception of the face which is brushed raw.  All have a line-dot line alignment aid on the topline in lime yellow.  The face has the crosshair in black as well as TPM and the number below near the heel also in black.  The letters TPM are in lime yellow on the back and the sole has PRECISION GROUND - SPALDING - DESIGNED BY T.P MILLS with only the word SPALDING in white.
The exception to the above notes, seem to center around the No.9.  There was a release of this putter which was gray in color with all lettering and the alignment aid in white.
10 LH
14 LH

Registered Series 1996

This series was made up of only a couple of styles.  All were in carbon steel in black oxide.  They have T.P MILLS on the face at the toe with crosshairs.  The sole has SPALDING in the center, COMPUTER MILLED at the toe and REGISTERED with a six digit number at the heel.   T.P Mills on face and Spalding on the sole wasin gold all other lettering in white.  They were fitted with a regular shaft.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:52:48 AM by oldmannoodles »

mekeni

• Oldskool
Re: The complete list of the various series of TPM putters
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:45:55 AM »
Thanks for the info. Any photos? ;D

no3putts

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. I've been collecting these forever. Your list was very helpful, but I have a few oddballs. I was wondering if you had info on them.

* Tour Series I , has "2* loft" stamped on face. "Designed by T P Mills" in cavity, and one alignment line on top.

*Cash-In, with crosshairs, dot on top, TPM grip but no designed by TP Mills

*Gold Computer Milled w/ 4-digit registered#

* Computer Milled in a presentation Oak Box with 3-digit (088) Registered#

* Classic Milled (Similar to Computer Milled but no pocket) with 4-Digit Registered#

* Classic Milled, With larger wording and 6-digit Registered #.

* III & IV Cold Forged - Similar to Roman Numeral Series (Are these the carbon models?)

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

HoosierGolfer

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »
I have a updated version of this list I will post later today.  Not many changes but I discovered a few things as my research continued.

Mark

oldmannoodles

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

super20dan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »
what about the ones marked touring pro series? i have 2 -a no5 and a no8 with wood back. the no5 is an excecptionally good putter. almost like a scotty cameron in desighn and quality. the no 8 is just average

Bill Still

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
I found a very nice and clean Spalding tmp V today. It a small mallet type.
Not sure what year it is from.