Author Topic: Introducing finalist  (Read 4201 times)

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
Introducing finalist
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
AKA Ryan Holcomb when I'm facing reality. I'm a 30 y/o graphic designer for a company just outside of Sacramento, CA for a few hours per day and a golfer the rest of the time. I bought my first Byron in 2005 and was hooked as I pulled off the shrink wrap. Typically you can find me on the driving range at Mather Golf Course M-F (I'm one of the biggest non-pro/non-college playing range rats you'll ever meet). It was there that a former Titliest staffer educated me on Byron Putters. He used to work for JohnByron and always had a new story to tell about Byron's putters.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:03:59 PM by finalist »
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
Re: Introducing finalist
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »
my mug in response to my daughter hitting me with her PW...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:53:26 PM by finalist »
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
mather, huh?  i miss being up at sacramento state-- i used to play mather once every couple of weeks or so.  I had a great time on the 5th, I think--whichever hole is the downhill one. 

I managed to cast my driver over and around the ball and hit it with the heel side of the driver.  The ball squirted through my legs and banged off of the sign behind me and then came flying back and stopped about a foot away from where I originally teed the ball up.  Ridiculous, but funny. 
Daniel

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »
Yep Mather is good for some laughs... on the 17th tee area, right next to the yoshiod's 5th tee box reverse shank, I was checking out a friend's new hybrid. I went to ground it and jumped like a pissed off chimp when I noticed a four foot snake wrapped around my ankles. When I jumped I kicked it up into my knees, freaked out for a second, and then watched it slither up into a friend's cart. ahhh good times. That was in a tournament going into the number 1 handicap hole. Or there was the time a woman teed off with a driver and nailed a huge turkey in the head. POOOW!
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

drewspin

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »
love that pic, Ryan