Author Topic: Also need some help  (Read 566 times)

kaaayelll

Also need some help
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »
I've not ventured into the Scotty market (has been Xenon and Bputters for me), but the following is being offered as a trade.  Can anyone comment on it's value or kindly PM the same if such discussion is frowned upon.  Much appreciated.

CameronMO

Re: Also need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
Pretty cool piece. I haven't been following value on Camerons for a long time now, but this is what I see.

If you're looking for value: 350 head weight, which gets more attention. Engraved "Mid Slant" on the sole, but it's not a mid slant and has a welded plumber's neck. Who did the work? Are the original milling marks there? Has it been refinished? I see a new grip, which isn't always a good thing for value (collectors). I'd get a COA from the Cameron Shop. If it's all original, I'd say it's in the $700 range, but I'm probably way off. (That's as high as I'd go, anyway.) If it's had work done to it, it may be worth less.

If you're not looking for maximizing value, I'd say it's a pretty cool stick. I'd take the paint out of the sightline and put it in the bag.  ;)

kaaayelll

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »
Thank you!

TMAC

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »
From what I can see in the pics it looks like it has most likely been refinished (lack of milling on bumpers, neck, cavity).  Question is, who did the refinish?  Cameron no longer offers the shiny black ox, so unless it was refinished a few years ago (when it was offered) then it may have been done by someone else - which reduces value on most Tour sticks.
Love that it says Mid Slant on the sole but is actually a welded PN.  If that was done by Scotty, it's very cool.
As mentioned, I would definitely send this one in for a COA.  Could be a cool story, could be a bust.  Just never know with these old Cameron's.
Would make for a heck of a gamer though, I know that.  :)

kaaayelll

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
Really appreciate the help.