Author Topic: Any history on this US Royal putter?  (Read 665 times)

Travisteck

Any history on this US Royal putter?
« on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:29 AM »
Hey everyone!

Lurked around here for a while and figured I'd make an account so I can get some more information and advice on refinishing old putters and learning the history of them!

I got this putter about 4-5 months ago at a thrift store and it was super worn out and had a patina that was hideous, so I took some time to get the deep gouges out and shine it up a bit. It's a work in progress but I'm happy with it so far.

Anywho, it's a US royal LPF putter. I found a few bits of info through Google and this board, but still not much of a history.

Also, what would you recommend for finish on  it? I thought mirror at first but obviously that wouldn't be great for putting.. Maybe mirror top and face and matte back?

Thanks! 

reflog74

Re: Any history on this US Royal putter?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't do anything more to that putter. Let it develop its natural patina.

Sorry, can't help on its history.

Welcome to PT

John

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't do anything more to that putter. Let it develop its natural patina.

Sorry, can't help on its history.

Welcome to PT

John
+1 - Nice putter. Welcome.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

geogolf

• Section Moderator
  • www.theclubcollector.com
    • TheClubCollector
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »
Agree with both.    Royal went out of business  in the early 80's if I recall.   Made decent clubs and balls for a long time.
By the font, I would guess that's from the 60's.

leave it as is  :)