Author Topic: Custom byron  (Read 525 times)

playmaker

Custom byron
« on: March 07, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »
I had a Byron loved it, but just didn't putt it as well as I do my Scotty. I want to get a Byron made to the exact specifications of my Scotty. I have a "Scotty Cameron Newport 2014 34in" putter. I can't figure out the weight or the toe hang of the Scotty to get the exact specs.. any help/advice would be much appreciated

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
Re: Custom byron
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »
to get the toe hang, let the stick rest with the head off the side of a table and take a photo of the sole.
This gives a "toe hang". Usually expressed on a "o'clock" expression.To get the head weight, remove the head with a heat gun and weigh it on a gram scale.
Xenon X, Element, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143

playmaker

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »
Ok, and with the circle weights (15g) will that change the dispersment of weight.. like in byrons and older scottys there is no weight inserts.. just really wanna get it right. I make a much better stroke with my Scotty. For the life of me couldn't make a fluid stroke with my dh89.. but loved the feel of it!

Thanks
Rob

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 06:23:01 AM »
Thought I better chime in - just so there are three of Robs in the thread ha ha.

I will endeavour to get bthe information you require for your build and get back to you Rob.

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob