Author Topic: Taylor Made Green Velvet Putter  (Read 4411 times)

BW312

Taylor Made Green Velvet Putter
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Can anyone give me some history on the Taylor Made Green Velvet putters? I came across a couple of heads, models 102 & 103, many years ago and forgot I had them until recently. I may have the 101 and shaft somewhere, but that will take some digging. The 102 is a mallet stype head and had been used a lot, but it is still in decent shape and the gold is intact. The 103 is almost like new with very little wear. When were these made and any idea on how many were produced? Any info would be much appreciated.

zekerelly

Re: Taylor Made Green Velvet Putter
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
   Hi,
My name is Ken. I have a full set of 3 GREEN VELVET (model#101, 102, & 103) brand new in original box, never been used, with 3 head covers.
box has minimal damage. They were made in 1978, I think. I will send pictures, with address where they were made tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking of using them this coming season. Immaculate condition. Not like anything I've seen online for sale. Collectors dream. I will dig them out tomorrow. I've had them stashed, for 30 yrs.

Bule1101

• Section Moderator
  • Ivan@xenongolf.com
    • Xenon Golf
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »
Looking forward to the pics
Xenon Handmades: TyeDye with hubcaps, "lil sKUnk" CuNi small-block, SS Handmade 84 with Ti Dama and Cu inserts
Also: Lajosi Damascus Bayzie, Byron SS Bombora, SSB SurfSide Mannkrafted Wave, Tad Moore Pro 1 Northern Lights, Machine Big Bore

www.xenongolf.com

zekerelly

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »
    Hi, I'm back.
Here is a  pic. Hope you like it. They have been sitting in my attic for 30 yrs. I'm going to list them on
ebay classifieds, & Craig's list tomorrow. Grip is a little hard, but that's what age does. They were made in the 70's. Most of the ones I've seen on line are not full set in original box , UNUSED. Most are used, with major wear, & not a full set. Hope you enjoy pic. IT WONT LET ME POST MORE PICS, FILE TOO LARGE.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:39:45 PM by zekerelly »

old dog mike

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 03:30:15 AM »
I like the look of these putters, but I cannot see one properly to see the profile. Is the 103 model Napa shape?