Author Topic: Corza Ghost  (Read 4955 times)

thepeak

Corza Ghost
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
I have been trying out the Corza Ghost at GT for the past couple of months but now I saw someone saying that the 2011 putters have something called Pure Roll. Is this a new insert design or exactly what is it - maybe just something cosmetic to create buzz?

golfgeek314

Re: Corza Ghost
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
It sounds like the PureRoll insert is a bit more than just a design element. TaylorMade claims that it's supposed to promote forward spin and a smooth roll. Basically I think it's benefits are a sufficient launch and quick forward roll to minimize backspin. Making it consistent in accuracy and distance control. So a bit more than just a cosmetic design element it is an improvement in the putter.

thepeak

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »
Thanks very much for the insight. I guess I'll wait till i see it in GT and try it out. I've been debating on going to a more straight back straight through putter after a miserable year with my Sophia.

reflog74

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
Have a look here, gents.  I'm pretty sure all that "improved roll" stuff is just hype.

http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=28830.0

John

Ty

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »
Same insert, new name :)

thepeak

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
Ugh, was hoping they had some new technology but I guess that its the 6" between the ears that really do the job :)
Kind of disappointed but I guess with all the stuff that TM puts out in such a short time that its more hype and  buzz. Too bad

golfgeek314

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
Well they had me convinced thanks for the update. Guess you really can't trust manufacturers and their marketing buzz words.

Ty

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »
It definitely does work, it's just the same thing AGSI was. They renamed it because no one new what it stood for. I've been gaming the original Corza Ghost for about a year and it's phenomenal.

thepeak

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
Ok just a name change - I can kind of understand that
Pure Roll sounds sexier and lot more "User Friendly"
Ty: How does the Corza Ghost stack up against the 2 ball. Any thoughts

Ty

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »
Ok just a name change - I can kind of understand that
Pure Roll sounds sexier and lot more "User Friendly"
Ty: How does the Corza Ghost stack up against the 2 ball. Any thoughts

I've never rolled a 2-ball, but that's because it never really was my cup of tea. Hard to argue the success of the 2-ball though. I find the shape of the Corza perfect, and I found a nice trick for short putts. Forget all lines but the outside one. Use that one as your guide and it's lethal.

thepeak

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
Great that you've found a "keeper"
Im switching froma blade style to this and haven't pulled the trigger yet
I keep demoing both the 2 ball and the Corza and froma looks point of view I definitely leaning towards the Corza
but I keep stroking them both so well I might have to buy both and let the greens deicde once the season gets started

thepeak

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »
Finally decided to switch putters and couldn't be more happier. Went out today and didn't miss anything inside 5 feet which for me is an accomplishment. Didn't think that anything could get me away from either my LH Ping Anser or Wilson 8802

Darth MD

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »
I too am being haunted by the Corza Ghost... I keep on going back to the store just to roll it and convince myself that it's not the putter for me, but I just can't get over how well-balanced it feels in my hands... Now if I could only get over the feel of that insert...
Ping Jim Wells Bubba Anser
Bettinardi 50 Caliber 006/100
B Morgan Damascus 2010 POTY
Machine Damascus
B Grace Damascus
TP Mills "1st Proto for Review" Ming
Palombi "Final 1" 389 BZ
MannKrafted "Rattler 1"
B Morgan 007 TCB Proto 1/50
Whitlam Como!Come! Proto
G Spirits GS-A1 1/100
Gauge G1-Mill 43/50

thepeak

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 09:58:11 AM »
Hi Darth
Believe it or not I also tried out the Ghost Spider. Althought its larger and IMO heavier it felt great as well. The straight back striaght through with the perimeter weights makes for a point and shoot method to putting. In both cases when you miss its going to be operator error. What kind of putter do you presently use?