Author Topic: Test Putter No. 2 - Testing Group Filled  (Read 31746 times)

drewspin

Test Putter No. 2 - Testing Group Filled
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:57:53 AM »
Here is the order for Test Putter No. 2.

Please read the program rules and sign up instructions here:
http://www.puttertalk.com/community/index.php/topic,3022.0.html

When the putter is available, we will update the schedule with estimated arrival dates, and ship by dates.

01   littlepingman - COMPLETED
02   herd8497   - COMPLETED
03   Below72   - COMPLETED
04   fsk1945   - COMPLETED
05   4421Cowboy - COMPLETED
06   nvgolfdude - COMPLETED
07   4rheel- COMPLETED
08   TangoJay   - COMPLETED
09   Savfam02-  COMPLETED
10   Aztecs1- COMPLETED
11   DallasPanic -COMPLETED
12   cjblake09-in progress
13   andrewcfox
14   daydreamer
15   deion

You will receive an email from me with the shipping details for the next person on the list.
We will adjust the calendar as needed to account for shipping delays.  If you are done with the putter early, please send it along ahead of schedule.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:22:14 PM by Z-MAN »

daydreamer

Re: Test Putter No. 2 - Testing Group Filled
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:01:36 AM »
thx Drew!  Excited about it all.  Thx for setting this test up - great idea.  Enjoy it fellas...

drewspin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 04:22:56 PM »
Test putter No. 2 will ship out tomorrow to littlepingman to start the demos.

littlepingman

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 06:58:35 PM »
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get it.

littlepingman

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
Tester #2 hit the door today. I have a few photos. And I will update with my thoughts when I game it tomorrow.

Herd8497

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »
Looks great littlepingman!  Can't wait to get your thoughts about it.

Hopefully when I get it the weather here in Ohio will be decent enough for me to putt outside :w00t:
It's all made in Cougar Country....Van Wert Steel

littlepingman

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »
Tester #2:

Being somewhat new to the entire world of putters I will try to give the best information I can about this particular one. Only last year I thought Scotty Cameron was it as are as premium putters. The amount of information I have learned over the course of the last year is immense. Not to mention the amount of money spent.

Look: When you open the box that contains a Byron 007 putter you know right away you are going to see nothing but the best craftsmanship in the industry. You know right away that the milling of the head will be precise. Its a safe bet that nothing happens by accident in the Byron shop. You know right away the twilight milling in the face is not only some of the most awesome looking milling, but that it also serves a function that just might get the ball in the hole more effectively when the drinks are on the line. This is my first look at the A.S.S. 007 putter. I have played the Carbon 007 and 006 in the past and loved them both. The Triple Polish is a great finish. Its 'blingy' in all the right places, as it is not distracting at address, but its definitely something that stands out in the group. The head is simple and purposeful. Its a classic design that has just the right touches to make the Byron not only stand out, but stand alone. The 007 style head is the best looking heel-toe weighted putter head I have ever seen. The finish is top notch all the way.

Feel: This was my first experience with a Byron Stainless Steel putter. The putter has a sound slot which I fell in love with right away. When I stepped on the putting green first thing in the morning. Byron in hand. Two balls at my feet. A relatively small hole about 20 feet away with a soft break to the left. I proceeded to knock both balls right in the center while experiencing the best feeling feedback I have felt in a Stainless Steel putter, ever. The stainless head in combination with the sound slot create a soft, responsive and solid feel. Not as tinny as some other 'beached' stainless putters I have tried in the past. I thought when the demo showed up that I would have to 'deal with' the sound slot, not the case at all.

Overall: I choose not to rate anything other than feel and look. Performance is in the hand of the player. But if I must comment. It was one of my best putting rounds of the year. The putter immediately melded into my hands unlike any other putter has done. And this coming from a guy who is normally a fan of heel shafted or short necks. I loved this putter so much I put my own order in for a custom 007 stainless steel right away. This is the best putter I have rolled. The overall package is awesome. Drew is a great guy to deal with. And I only see more and more Byron putters in my future.   

ShagShow

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »
Great review LPM, very clear and concise.  He's not kidding either, he put in the order immediately.  I should be getting my NON SLOTTED 007 A.S.S. end of this week early next.  Thanks!

littlepingman

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
Great review LPM, very clear and concise.  He's not kidding either, he put in the order immediately.  I should be getting my NON SLOTTED 007 A.S.S. end of this week early next.  Thanks!

Clear and concise other than this sentence:

Only last year I thought Scotty Cameron was it as are as premium putters.

(are=far) in that sentence.  ::)

littlepingman

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
I am sending the putter out a couple of days early. I already have my own in the works. Although, I would love to win the opportunity to buy this particular one, its a gem.

Z-MAN

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »
What a great review...I just wanted to say thanks..

Herd8497

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »
Putter #2 just arrived.

I'll post some pics and initial thoughts tomorrow.  I'M PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

Jay
It's all made in Cougar Country....Van Wert Steel

fsk1945

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
I received the test putter today.  The outside temperature is a balmy 18* with snow still on the ground.  Needless to say the testing took place on my living room carpet.
The overall appearance of the putter is outstanding!! The milling is second to none and the  feel is  ever bit as good if not better as any Scotty Circle T putters I have owned. I love the sound slot/beach/floating face/whatever you want to call it. It has a very crisp solid sound the just makes you confident that the ball is going to have a nice pleasing rattle to it as it rolls around in the bottom of the cup.
This putter is not all pimped up, just a very classic tasteful look.
My only negative thought on the demo was the small font necessary to fit the  stamp on the heel.  I have a Byron oil can without face stamping so I was surprised at size of the stamp.
Overall it is definitely a keeper.  Put me in the drawing to purchase this putter at the end of the test period.
I will hand deliver this to 4421cowboy as he is only 15 minutes from me.
Thanks for the opportunity to be part of the testing.  I am trying to talk myself out of ordering a center shaft in this a.s.s.

below72

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
sorry for the delay, you dont want to know what I had to do this Christmas... I will give my review ASAP.. Thanks..
"Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing, and only character endures" HORACE GREELEY (1811-1872)

4421cowboy

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »
My apologies for the delay in posting my thoughts here.  Fsk1945 was so very kind to drop it off at my house as we live in the same town.  Small world!  Anyway, quite frankly I didn't roll this one very much.  I am now the proud owner of a Black Star Mist 007, of which I need to post some glamour shots, and i have found myself putting with it almost non-stop.  Winter has set in here in Kansas, so opportunities to get out on the course are far and few in between.  Test Putter No. 2 is a great putter and will no doubt be enjoyed by all on the list.  Again, I have simply found "the one" for me.  Nvgolfdude, please shot me a pm with your shipping address and I'll get it out ASAP.  I asked Drew about it earlier today, but I know he is dealing with more pressing issues at the moment.

nvgolfdude

• Born to golf. Forced to work.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 09:15:01 PM »
Test Putter #2 arrived today!  She is a beauty!  I will roll a few tonight before I head for the casa.  I will alert the putter test team to get ready to fondle another Byron beauty.  Stay tuned... :popcorn:
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
This one is butter!   :thumb:  This is the first stainless steel floating face putter that I have ever tried.  I like going to the beach, and this one is worth the trip.  Great feel, great sound, great looks!  I am not a sight line guy.  I love the sight dot on this one.  I will get this into foreleft53 and themann's hands tomorrow.
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

JayJay

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »
great reviews for the great putter..

I'm trying to order one, custom carbon 007 model...but there're so many other fantastic putters around there...

I thought I would have one best putter for me, but now I know there should be more than just one...maybe much more...

foreleft53

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 12:27:07 PM »
Here's a little tease:
This putter is VERY suprising.  I'm starting to think about 2 things...   
1.  Maybe I do like a sound slot.
2.  How can I start funding a new Byron....   

All this thought, and my S4 Byron has yet to touch the turf.

foreleft53

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
I have the day off...
The putter is by my desk along with a box for shipping.  I can come in if you want... 
Let me know, you have my number.   

4Rheel

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
Some more pics of the putter ...

nvgolfdude

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:30:12 PM by nvgolfdude »
nvgolfdude@live.com

4Rheel

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
You're welcome!  Great review by you and your panel, D ;D.

drewspin

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
Another very thorough review by the test panel - great observations!

I have cleaned up the extraneous posts.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
Another very thorough review by the test panel - great observations!

I have cleaned up the extraneous posts.

Drew,

It's good to hear from you.  I'm glad that our review process and committee has value.  Now, we need to talk about a long-neck...

nvgolfdude@live.com

T.J.

• Global Moderator
  • ANOTHER putter Dad? Mom's gonna kill you!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 11:06:28 PM »
Need Savfam02 info so I can send the putter.

Thanks!

TJ
LIFE IS NOT FAIR! STOP WHINNING!!      Tee it up, let's play GOLF!

DallasPanic

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
I almost forgot about signing up for this but now im counting down the days until this great piece of equipment comes my way.  I have the feeling that I will be ordering a  custom Byron very soon!
How does the Byron 007 TCB compare to test putter #2? Same exact head design?  Just curous, thanks!

cjblake09

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »
DallasPanic do you have this putter yet?  I am just trying to see when I should be expecting it.

Savfam02

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »
I have the putter currently.  I need Aztec1 to send me their shipping info and I can get it out.

DallasPanic

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
CJBlake09, Dont have the putter yet but promise it will be a quick turnaround.  Go ahead and send me your addy so I can have it ready to go.
Thanks!

Aztecs1

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
CJBlake09, Dont have the putter yet but promise it will be a quick turnaround.  Go ahead and send me your addy so I can have it ready to go.
Thanks!

Hey Dallas Panic.  I don't have the putter yet.  But PM your address so I can send it to you right after I test it out.  Thanks.

Aztecs1

Aztecs1

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »
Got it last night!  Like everyone else is saying, pictures really do not give it justice.  Really a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I will write more of a review when I putt with it during the next few days.

Aztecs1

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »
Finished up my testing and will be shipping out the putter to DallasPanic tomorrow.  I LOVED the sound slot on the putter.  Had never tried one before and loved the feedback.  Took a little adjustment to get my speed control down.  Currently I play a Yes Callie-F, which is very soft.  But once I made the adjustment, I was really rolling the rock very well.

What I liked best:
- Sound slot, feedback
- milling, just beautiful
- look at address
- cool headcover
- my speed control was very good with this putter

My only complaint was the stamping.  I think the griffin stamps are a little to busy to be that small. 

Now I know exactly how I want my Bryon!

cjblake09

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 09:50:40 PM »
I got the putter on Thursday and will be shipping it out on Tuesday.

DallasPanic

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
Really enjoyed the putter, thanks.  My new TCB-007 will be coming in today!

cjblake09

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 11:21:51 PM »
Still have nto heard from the next guy in line.  Anyone know him?

Z-MAN

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 09:22:34 PM »
I will try and get in touch with him...

cjblake09

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 09:45:20 AM »
Still nothing, should we move onto the next person?

drewspin

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »
I would say yes - time to skip him.

Steve, your call. 

Z-MAN

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
I agree.. He hasn`t said anything. Send it to the next one.

andrewcfox

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
My apologies my friends.  I had some illness issues with my daughter that completely took me away from the world for the last two weeks.  We left the hospital this morning and have the wonderful privelage of telling you the news is great.  I understand I may have caused some disruptions and would still love my turn if it all possible.  In the meantime I simply wanted to offer my apologies to those I delayed.  Thanks for being understanding

Andrew

Z-MAN

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
Glad to hear everything is better. If the putter has been shipped we can get you next

andrewcfox

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
Thanks a lot for everything.  It's a shame too my first round was today at Redstone here in houston.  They had the greens rolling at ungodly speeds our caddy estimated 14+ 2 weeks of high winds and nothing but sunshine after a tour stop will do that.  I will look forward to rolling it on some of our texas baked out greens.

daydreamer

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
....ready to send it to Andrew.

Steve or Andrew - pls PM me your mailing address and I'll take care of it pronto.

Thx again Steve - that putter's amazing!

deion

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »
what's the status on this?....I'm still waiting for my turn...no rush... just curious..
Ken Gianinni (gamer)
Byron Morgan 007 tcb
TP Mills Tradition (hand finished)
TP Mills Hand Bend
TP Mills Long Plumber Neck Tradition
TP Mills Handmade Elf Shoe
TP Mills Softtail Tour - Spencer Levin
TP Mills Handmade One with Pocket - Hugh Royer III

Z-MAN

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:38 PM »
Well your next after Andrew..

deion

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 01:56:45 AM »
great...thanks.looking forward to it..
Ken Gianinni (gamer)
Byron Morgan 007 tcb
TP Mills Hand Bend

Z-MAN

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 10:58:48 AM »
Where is this putter?

deion

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
good question.....haven't heard anything yet...
Ken Gianinni (gamer)
Byron Morgan 007 tcb
TP Mills Hand Bend

Aztecs1

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 05:06:42 PM »
Wow.  This thing still hasn't finished yet?