Author Topic: DH89 Test Putter Panels 2009  (Read 17562 times)

nvgolfdude

• Born to golf. Forced to work.
DH89 Test Putter Panels 2009
« on: January 28, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »
Thank you to everyone that has signed up so far.  We have had a very good response.  In fact, the carbon DH89 test panel is full.  New requests to be on the carbon DH89 test panel will be added on a standby basis only. 

There is room for a few more folks on the stainless test panel (wait until you see what Byron is cooking up for this one... :w00t:)

Stay tuned to this sticky topic for information and updates regarding the DH89 test panels.  Lots of good stuff on the way!!  ;D
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

nvgolfdude

Re: DH89 Test Putter Panels 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:02:36 AM »
Here is the list of testers for the carbon DH89 (by screen name) in no particular order.

MHLY01             Golfer
beavs17             Hungsolo
Yoshiod9            newportbeach
Putt4doh            simmons_m
Banistr               noodle3872
Golfer4life           bosoxfan
RobotDoctor       1-OFF-GOLF
nobreak1970       dalno
SquareJ
nvgolfdude@live.com

The Genius of Bargolf:  1.  Great putters play to their tendencies and work with them  2.  It isn't the method, it is the application of the method. Memorize the sequence of motion with clubs that fit the method.

golfer4life

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
Thanks Dave, looking forward to it ;D

Hector

CactusGolf

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
I'd love to add my name to the stainless DH89 test panel if possible.  These putters are gorgeous!  It would be my first Morgan.

nvgolfdude

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:20:24 PM »
Byron Putter Test Panel Rules for the DH89 Putters
Each tester will have up to one (1) week with the putter.  If you don't need a week, please send it on sooner to the next person.

There is a participation fee of $23.50 per tester, per putter.  The fee covers the cost to self-insure the test program.  This is more than was charged last year because the DH89 putters are more costly than last year's test models.

By remitting your participation fee you agree to the following:
1) The test putter is the personal property of The Director of Testing (me).
2) To take good care of the putter.  In the event that the putter is damaged, contact david@byronputters.com immediately.
3) To ship the putter in a timely and secure manner and in its original packaging via USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx to the next recipient and to insure the shipment for $300.
4) To post some feedback on your experience with the test putter.  It can be a review, a comparison (we love this), or just your own rambling musings.

The last person on the test panel will return the putter to me.  If required, the putter will be sent to Byron's shop for a makeover.  The testers will have an opportunity to purchase
the test putter at 50% discount.  If more than one of the test panel members wants to purchase the test putter, there will be a drawing to determine who gets the first opportunity
to purchase the test putter.  Once a test panel member has posted his/her review he/she will receive a certificate for a 10% discount on the purchase of any new Byron putter.  The certificate can be redeemed through either Dave or Steve.

That's it.  Now have some fun!

We will establish the order that the putters will go through the test panels.

We reserve the right to amend the rules of the test program at any time to ensure the success of the program.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:13:48 PM by nvgolfdude »
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »
Can't wait!  I'm so excited to see where I'm going to be on the list!

Let me know when/where to send the money.  :)
Daniel

Brando5105

• Today's gamer Betti Sig 2
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »
very good. I am looking forward to testing the SS one
PGA Professional

My Putters:
Bettinardi Sig 2
Bettinardi Tour Proto
Tour Issue Kombi Long
MannKrafted Ping Redwood
Ping Anser F Ti
Ping JAS Wti
Machine M2A
Palombi ALbrz
SSB Prototype

CactusGolf

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 01:43:46 AM »
This is fantastic!  I can't wait to give this a shot.  Now since I live in Milwaukee and the soonest I can get out to play is March, how does it work?

yoshiod9

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »
california here.  we're going to have a brisk 62* here in my part of the bay area today.  brrrrrrr.  :P
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »
OK, based on the strong interest in DH89 carbon head and our efforts to improve the testing progam there will be 2 DH89 carbon head test groups.  Taking into consideration where participants reside, the first group includes the following 11 people:  Yoshiod9, Hungsolo, simmons_m, 1-OFF-GOLF, Banistr, MHLY01, Golfer, RobotDoctor, newportbeach, beavs17,  & noodle3872

With fewer participants in the group, the cost of participation will increase to $23.50 per person.  The benefit to the participants is a better chance to be the person who gets to purchase the test putter at the end at a 50% discount. 
:pirate:

I am expecting to hear from Byron early next week that this putter is ready, or nearly ready to go out.  ;D
nvgolfdude@live.com

yoshiod9

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 11:59:18 PM »
sounds good, nvgolfdude.  let me know when and where to send paypal fees.

also, if i want to sign up for the stainless, should i send another email or can i be put onto the stainless list by just letting you know?  is there still room for another tester on the stainless list?   
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 12:11:43 AM »
sounds good, nvgolfdude.  let me know when and where to send paypal fees.

also, if i want to sign up for the stainless, should i send another email or can i be put onto the stainless list by just letting you know?  is there still room for another tester on the stainless list?   

Daniel, I've added you on to the stainless test panel which now stands at 16 people and is likely to be split into two groups as well.
nvgolfdude@live.com

Brando5105

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:18 AM »
I like the idea...Sounds good to me
PGA Professional

My Putters:
Bettinardi Sig 2
Bettinardi Tour Proto
Tour Issue Kombi Long
MannKrafted Ping Redwood
Ping Anser F Ti
Ping JAS Wti
Machine M2A
Palombi ALbrz
SSB Prototype

yoshiod9

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:44 AM »
thanks, dave!  can't wait to do the testing/comparing.  i've got a few good plans as to what i want to do for comparisons.  can't wait!
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:46:15 AM »
Teaser picture of the DH89 Carbon test putter  ;)
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
Don't you wish that you were testing this one?  :w00t:
Yes, it's another teaser... :P
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
nvgolfdude@live.com

thethumb

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 01:27:47 AM »
Are all the test panels full now? I'd love to participate if any spots are still available...
thanks

nvgolfdude

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 12:41:21 AM »
Are all the test panels full now? I'd love to participate if any spots are still available...
thanks

Welcome Brodie!  I've enjoyed corresponding with you.  We will get you into an upcoming test panel.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
If you see this in the hands of the UPS man, or at your door, you know that it is your turn with the test putter...  ;D

I'll post more about this later (when I'm not at work  ;))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:51:45 PM by nvgolfdude »
nvgolfdude@live.com

Byron Morgan

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »
Dave, that shipping tube is great.  Nice work!
Thanks,

Kilmidyke

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 08:47:07 PM »
Oh oh oh! I want one of those tubes!  :w00t:

That has to be the coolest way to get your hands on a new putter!   ;D

LOL...yellow boxes my ass!....LOL 
PutterHead #235 reporting for duty! :)

jcigars

• Section Moderator
  • 303MILLED.COM
    • 303 Milled
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
Dave..the tube is way cool  ! Where's mine ? :P

golfer4life

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »
Wow, that is some cardboard bling!  Dave excellent job!  I am giving you an A+ for presentation.  What is inside I don't have a grade for it, it is above any grading scale ;D

Hector

yoshiod9

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
that looks amazing!  i'm excited to see that outside my door tomorrow!  can't wait!
Daniel

nvgolfdude

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
Thanks for all of the compliments!   ;D  The intent of the tube is that it be virtually indestructable to protect its contents and be reusable (green).  The graphic is a Mylar wrap that can be replaced inexpensively when it gets damaged.  As a one time use, this is far too costly to make sense, but using it for several test panels, it should pay for itself while promoting Byron's work.  We are making another one for the second test group out of a different, lighter material, but it should be just as sturdy.  We'll see how it turns out.
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:56 AM »
I cannot overlook the work of a fellow PT member, and my very good friend, themann (Eric), whose talent made this happen.  I told him what I wanted to accomplish, gave him some ideas, and then got out of his way.  Kudos also go to finalist (Ryan) for the Byron design graphic and the "Best for your Balls" design.  Thank you both!!
nvgolfdude@live.com

Mr. Doug

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »
That tube is friggin sick!
::: currently fixing all the things that have been bugging me for months :::

nvgolfdude

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
That tube is friggin sick!

Doug, I am honored by your compliment.  Thank you!  ;D
nvgolfdude@live.com

Mr. Doug

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
F--- being honored. That's seriously bad-ass man. Well done.
::: currently fixing all the things that have been bugging me for months :::

drewspin

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
Talk about presentation!  Way cool.

Hopefully, the whole tube does not get stolen in transit.

RobotDoctor

• Coffee drinking hacker
    • NewHorizonAuto
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »

That would be my greatest fear.  The tube, as Mr.Doug said, is friggin sick! 
Byron Morgan B-17 Secrets Long Pipe CU plate
Byron Morgan DaKine Pear Long Pipe CU plate
Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe CU plate
Byron Morgan DH89x Long Pipe GSS
Byron Morgan SS DaKine 8812
Byron Morgan Designed by Captain Morgan, CU SS
TP Mills Tour Huey
TP Mills Heritage
and a few others

nvgolfdude

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »

Drew, we gave this a lot of thought and consideration.  What we concluded is that Titleist, TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping, and so on, all ship their products to pro shops and golf stores everywhere via UPS, FedEx, etc, and their boxes are well marked to promote their brand making the contents of the box obvious.  So, it was  :wtf: let's go for it!  My drive is to make the Byron test putter experience one that creates a WOW, and motivates the testers to own a Byron, or ten of them.  The box is only a part of the enhanced experience.  We (Byron and me) tricked out the putter, and I have some other inclusions.  I'm looking forward to hearing from the testers about the total experience.

nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
F--- being honored. That's seriously bad-ass man. Well done.

And this one is just the prototype...  Wait until we get this dialed in...
nvgolfdude@live.com

reflog74

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
What they said, Dave!  Awesome package!

John

drewspin

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »

Drew, we gave this a lot of thought and consideration.  What we concluded is that Titleist, TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping, and so on, all ship their products to pro shops and golf stores everywhere via UPS, FedEx, etc, and their boxes are well marked to promote their brand making the contents of the box obvious.  So, it was  :wtf: let's go for it!  My drive is to make the Byron test putter experience one that creates a WOW, and motivates the testers to own a Byron, or ten of them.  The box is only a part of the enhanced experience.  We (Byron and me) tricked out the putter, and I have some other inclusions.  I'm looking forward to hearing from the testers about the total experience.

I think the concept is great and so is the execution.  Nice job!

finalist

• The Roll Abides
    • ByronPutters.com
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »
surfer's are always searching for the perfect tube.
www.byronputters.com

ryan@byronputters.com

Brando5105

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 11:30:33 AM »
Any teasers of the Stainless model yet?
PGA Professional

My Putters:
Bettinardi Sig 2
Bettinardi Tour Proto
Tour Issue Kombi Long
MannKrafted Ping Redwood
Ping Anser F Ti
Ping JAS Wti
Machine M2A
Palombi ALbrz
SSB Prototype

nvgolfdude

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »
Any teasers of the Stainless model yet?

Late next week!
nvgolfdude@live.com

nvgolfdude

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
Byron Putter Test Panel Rules for the DH89 Putters - updated 3/1/2009
Each tester will have up to one (1) week with the putter.  If you don't need a week, please send it on sooner to the next person.

There is a participation fee of $23.50 per tester, per putter.  The fee covers the cost to self-insure the test program.

By remitting your participation fee you agree to the following:
1) The test putter is the personal property of The Director of Testing (me).
2) To take good care of the putter.  In the event that the putter is damaged, contact david@byronputters.com immediately.
3) To ship the putter in a timely and secure manner and in its original packaging via USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx to the next recipient with delivery confirmation, and to insure the shipment for $300.
4) To post some feedback on your experience with the test putter.  It can be a review, a comparison (we love this), or just your own rambling musings.

The last person on the test panel will return the putter to me.  If required, the putter will be sent to Byron's shop for a makeover.  The testers will have an opportunity to purchase the test putter at 50% discount.  If more than one of the test panel members wants to purchase the test putter, there will be a drawing to determine who gets the first opportunity to purchase the test putter. 

Once a test panel member has posted his/her review he/she will receive a certificate for a 10% discount on the purchase of any new Byron putter.  The certificate can be redeemed through either Dave or Steve.

That's it.  Now have some fun!

We will establish the order that the putters will go through the test panels.

We reserve the right to amend the rules of the test program at any time to ensure the success of the program.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:53:34 AM by nvgolfdude »
nvgolfdude@live.com

putt4doh

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:05 AM »
If we weren't included in the first test group, should we just stay tuned?  If not, how do I keep my spot in line?

Thanks!
TP Mills Plumbers Neck Tradition, 36", 361g
TP Mills Plumbers Neck Klassic, 35", 355g
TP Mills Softail 35", 363g
Byron 007, 35", 355g
Byron Plumbers Neck Channel Island, 35" 360g

nvgolfdude

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
If we weren't included in the first test group, should we just stay tuned?  If not, how do I keep my spot in line?

Thanks!

I'm at work.  :hide: 

PM me your info and I'll look at my lists when I get home tonight to see where you are and get back to you.  Presently, we don't have enough interest to start a second DH89 Carbon test group.  If we get more people, I'd love to do a second one.  The next test group after the stainless will either be a Channel Islands or a DH89 Rincon...
nvgolfdude@live.com

mc_cap

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
Dave,

I would definitely be in the DH89 Rincon test group. I'll stay tuned, hopefully there will be enough interest.
Mike

simmons_m

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
Dave, add me to the rincon list.  no need for the pics from the earlier request.
Thanks,
Mike

nvgolfdude

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 12:57:15 AM »
OK, once I get putter #2 on its way, I'll get to work on a DH89 Rincon test panel...
nvgolfdude@live.com