Author Topic: Handmade Element in 303SS  (Read 393 times)

johnny5

Handmade Element in 303SS
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:32:05 AM »
I found this niche of putter makers off of GolfWRX which then lead me to puttertalk. After spending a few hours checking out the new makers I just found, I decided to talk with Lumpy about a flat stick. Up until I met him this week I had not spoken to him at all. Emailed my specs and a few putters he's done already and came up with mine. Drove out to meet him a had a few minutes to talk, look around the shack and tools. This putter was made on a small mill (very small if anyone has seen pics of the shack), drill press and a couple hand tools. First glance you can see mill marks, slight unevenness, well..character. It's perfect. I may have a few grams taken off. After 2 putting green sessions, it's getting more consistent. I suppose after a few years of rolling a mass produced stick things change when you have a nice 303SS to roll. Anyways, decided on no paint after seeing it besides the sightline.
Enjoy

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
Re: Handmade Element in 303SS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »
Congrats on the superb custom!
Love Lumpy's work! ;D
Xenon X, Element, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143

Jimbobuc21

• If my GIR was higher, my scores would be lower.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 03:18:13 PM »
Love that old shack! Lumpy is second to none, as a human being, as a builder of flat sticks, and dealing with I'm is like dealing with a friend at all times. Haven't seen him a too long... maybe this summer.

Jimbo 8)
.: Jimbo :.

Tour Exotics EX9 driver and 3 wood
Tour Exotics EXi irons
Tour Exotics 56*/60* Xtreme Spin Black wedges
Tad Moore Pro1, Slighter Portland, Byron Morgan C/S Spud in AlBz, Byron Morgan cc Proto (they rotate)
Xenon Cu 10* currently in the bag

johnny5

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »
Love that old shack! Lumpy is second to none, as a human being, as a builder of flat sticks, and dealing with I'm is like dealing with a friend at all times. Haven't seen him a too long... maybe this summer.

Jimbo 8)
The "putting green" needs a little work ;D. My 4 yr old daughter and he had a good time. Got an idea on the next but may have to unload the one he replaced for partial funds.