Author Topic: Refreshed BB-8  (Read 404 times)

fharbist

Refreshed BB-8
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »
Been loading up on the Byrons lately, but wanted to give a shout-out to the folks at Bettinardi in Tinley Park.  They helped me refresh this BB-8 recently and I really like the way it came out.  Beautiful long flow neck with the knurling at the top...  Also, a fresh fly-cut face milling...

Thanks very much, boys!!  I would really love it if Bettinardi did more flow necks. 

Lefty71

Re: Refreshed BB-8
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »
Came out real nice. Enjoy it.
Bettinardi BB8
Bettinardi Jam DASS RBJ1463
Bettinardi BBO Copper Proto RBJ2547

Rob McHugh

• Try to be the Person Your Dog Thinks You Are
    • Rob McHugh
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:17:08 AM »
First Class work there Frank!  ;)

Rob
Kind regards,
Rob

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
Looking G O O D!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Xenon X, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143, BB1WB tour carbon

gdy63

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »
Looks sweet ! Was that the original neck or did they add the knurled flow neck for you ? How do you like the face milking?

Thanks for any info and make a bunch o birdies !

Scotty G

fharbist

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
Looks sweet ! Was that the original neck or did they add the knurled flow neck for you ? How do you like the face milking?

Scotty G

Yes, the Bettinardi folks (tour department) did the neck and the face milling.  Originally, this was a one-piece plumber's neck.  On the milling, there was a thread on here or the other forum about people's impressions of Bettinardi milling options (fly-cut, honeycomb, FIT).  I like the fly-cut as a nice change.  I also have no problem with the honeycomb milling (especially on carbon), although some people feel it is a little too jumpy. 

gdy63

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »

Scotty G

Yes, the Bettinardi folks (tour department) did the neck and the face milling.  Originally, this was a one-piece plumber's neck.  On the milling, there was a thread on here or the other forum about people's impressions of Bettinardi milling options (fly-cut, honeycomb, FIT).  I like the fly-cut as a nice change.  I also have no problem with the honeycomb milling (especially on carbon), although some people feel it is a little too jumpy. 

Thats awesome and the putter looks great. I have a special treat arriving tomorrow that has fly mill so I am glad to hear your thoughts on that!

Scotty G