Author Topic: GSS in a shape that seems to be everywhere.  (Read 282 times)

Golfluvzme

• The little guy just working harder, ;-)
    • MannKrafted GolfWorks and Custom Milled Putters
GSS in a shape that seems to be everywhere.
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:25:23 AM »
I met with the R&D guy at Hot Stix, last month and we put together a plan to do one premium putter a month, dedicated for sale from Hot Stix.  He loves the aura around GSS and I have a little bit left from the bars sent to me a few years ago, by an incredible customer out of Germany.  The putter he envisioned was wider than my bars would allow, but limits are for small minds, right?
This one is an awesome piece of putting machinery.  It is 100% hand-milled and has a hand-turned neck done all on the Bridgeport in my MannKave at SunRidge Canyon GC.  The welds are now fully encircling the fang attachments and are gorgeous.  CJ, my dedicated welder does some of the best welding in the business and he did not disappoint on this one.
I fit it with a matte black stepped shaft, topped with a Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 and she is a thing of beauty.  The lines that show up on the sole in these pictures have been removed and it is a smooth surface with only very subtle changes where the planes change to handle draft and the sole profile from heel to toe.
She weighs in at 339 grams and is a perfect fighting weight for the greens that roll like glass.  I like a lighter putter, myself after trying to go up a few grams, with a few of my testing builds.  When I tried to roll a 363 gram head at 34-1/2", it was just too much mass at the end of the shaft, for me.
Check out the pictures and keep your eyes peeled.  I'd love to do another one or three of these, next time using a material that will keep it within the price range that guys will be more able to tackle, than the $1200 ticket price on this beauty.
Have a great week!
LaMont in AZ

gottaputt

Re: GSS in a shape that seems to be everywhere.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:48:06 AM »
I like it Lamont!

rclarke1

• trying to get back on course......
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
GSS sexy fanger with weld beads..... 8)
Xenon X, Ingles .470, SRC blade
Mann MA66, Super Sport, Rattler
Byron GSS DH89, GSS 615 DW, Carbon 612, B17
Carbon Ming, GSS Trad XL, 303 SS Flat T
RJB7784, RJB8143, RJB7541

mudgolf

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:35 PM »
Incredible looking putter

Golfluvzme

• The little guy just working harder, ;-)
    • MannKrafted GolfWorks and Custom Milled Putters
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »
UPDATE:  Since these pix were taken, I have done some additional work.  The sole is now free of milling marks, throughout and the fang welds were taken 360* around the putter body.  It looks a little more "Garage", in a good way, IMHO.
I'll try to get some new pix and you guys can judge.
LaMont in AZ