Author Topic: Frankenstein  (Read 264 times)

RT301

Frankenstein
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:37:05 PM »
I wanted to share this.  Recently picked it up off ebay.  Just an all around curious putter.  Looks to be custom work mixed with a standard Mizuno line head.  Possibly the Grain Flow Series TPM 5 or even a later Roadsign head?
First the standard features:
Mizuno engraving in the pocket
Sightline
general headshape
T.P. Mills engraving on the face
standard mizuno/mills grip

Then the custom features:
Black Oxide finish (not nickel plated)
Smooth face without the crosshairs
Custom belt marks on the back flange
I think this is a custom handbent plumber neck
blank sole with custom stampings

Did David ever take a mizuno line head and make a custom out of it?  Seems highly unlikely; why not just make a custom from the start right?

I have seen one workshop mizuno with belt marks on the flange before, but never anything quite like this.
tim

myphed

Re: Frankenstein
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
That is super cool, I love that shape and have always looked out for these heads. Great pick up. I used to have the roadsign version which I regret selling but I have a custom tour one, here are some pics to share.
Robb
Tempe, AZ

RT301

Re: Frankenstein
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »
Robb,

That's really cool.  Mine was advertised as 330g (which feels about right to me).  Just curious if yours is heavier or light like mine?

P.S.
I never minded clubs with other brands engraving. I know the Mizuno might turn some people off. But I think of it as a little piece of history.  Plus, I'm digging the shape and weight so much I'll put this into play the next time I go out.

tim